• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Why should we use multi server?

layerwire

Basic Pleskian
Maybe I am wrong and that's why I am asking here to make this more clear.
We are using WHMCS to sell shared hosting with Plesk Onyx and in near future, we are going to expand and have more new servers. My question here is why should we use a multi-server?

Let's start with pricing, if we have two servers we have to pay for 2 licenses + one multi server extension if I understood right.
This will give us more automation, but does it really cost additional 11,16€/mo?

Now let's talk about features, if I understood correctly we can just add a new server to WHMCS and switch it manually in plans then one of the servers is full or empty. We can control this manually and save up to 111,60 € if we are using two servers.

Probably I did miss something important, but anyway I was thinking about this for a long time.

Maybe I am wrong and that's why I am asking here to make this more clear.
We are using WHMCS to sell shared hosting with Plesk Onyx and in near future, we are going to expand and have more new servers. My question here is why should we use a multi-server?

Let's start with pricing, if we have two servers we have to pay for 2 licenses + one multi server extension if I understood right.
This will give us more automation, but does it really cost additional 11,16€/mo?

Now let's talk about features, if I understood correctly we can just add a new server to WHMCS and switch it manually in plans then one of the servers is full or empty. We can control this manually and save up to 111,60 € if we are using two servers.

Probably I did miss something important, but anyway I was thinking about this for a long time.

With WHMCS you will only connect the management node. Then provisionning will be automatically done on a node.
You have just to connect each new server to your management node, nothing more to do in WHMCS.

About the license price, you can use a vps as management node if you do not host anything on this server.

Hello virtubox,

I've spent a couple of weeks researching plesk multi server, I've been curious what you said about the possibility of using a VPS as a management node. Can a VPS really manage such an infrastructure? I speak from absolute ignorance. :confused:

Hello virtubox,

I've spent a couple of weeks researching plesk multi server, I've been curious what you said about the possibility of using a VPS as a management node. Can a VPS really manage such an infrastructure? I speak from absolute ignorance. :confused:

Hello @garcue , yes in this case the VPS will only be the orchestator of your infrastructure, and all other nodes will host your websites and subscriptions.

Back