• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Why some emails are not received from certain domains?

Ddungu

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.51
Hello Forum, I have an issue with emails where some emails from specific domains are not received.

I have a problem with Email server where some emails from certain domains are not received by some few team mates when they have been Cc but others receive the email.

Please first check /var/log/maillog what is happening with incoming mails that are directed to the team members who say they do not receive them.

So for the mails that are missing you see "... dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (delivered via plesk_virtual service) ...". If that is the case, then the incoming mail has been delivered to the user's mailbox. From there you can check if the user has set a rule to automatically process incoming mails (e.g. Sieve in webmail) or if he is forwarding it or deleting it. You can also check if the spam filter is doing something with the mail.

Hello guys,
I have a similar problem. I just made a migration from plesk Onyx 17.8.11 to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.58 on linux 2 week ago.
Everything work fine execpt for 1 email that a customer did not received. It a email from microsoft for an authorization code ([email protected]).
I have an spam filter. But the email is clean and go through because the log on my server :
Code:
Feb 19 08:03:39 www postfix/qmgr[1049200]: A6CE42900CE0: from=<[email protected]>, size=9753, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
Feb 19 08:03:40 www postfix/pipe[1216753]: A6CE42900CE0: to=<[email protected]>, relay=plesk_virtual, delay=3.3, delays=3.1/0/0/0.2, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (delivered via plesk_virtual service)
But the mail is not in the inbox.
They try with another email on the same domain and same thing happen the mail never go to the inbox.
I turn off spamassassin on the server.
Check webmail for rule.
The customer use outlook and is in pop and leave email on the server for 30 days.
I'm clueless.
Is there a way to follow what happen after I received the email where it go?

Thanks in advance

There's probably an incoming mail rule in either webmail or the external mail application that you use to read mails. That rule moves or deletes mails that match a sender, recipient, subject or body.

Hi Peter
Thank for you reply
If I change the password of the email account
to block any rule to be apply and try to send the mail again it should stay in the inbox? Am I right?

How will you check the inbox when you changed the password? Incoming mail filters normally are applied when you are logged in (e.g. when you have opened your Outlook, Thunderbird ...) Why not simply check whether such rules exist?

I already check it. There no rule on the outlook. And it the only place where this account is installed. No cellphone account or other computer.
And it was working like 2 weeks ago on my old server.

The way I was thinking is change the password send the message again an check directly on the server in the ''new'' folder.

Like that I should be able to be sure that nothing delete the message.

**Update**
I try changing the password just to be sure that any outside rule couldn't move or delete the received mail.
No luck there nothing in /var/qmail/mailnames/domain.com/user/new or any other folder I grep through all mailnames folder.
It should be an inside job... but the Spamassassin service is turn off.

Something I forgot to say is that I installed CSF/LFD but it is disabled too. (i will probably uninstall csf)
Fail2ban is temporary disabled

Maybe you are adressing the wrong server so that you see outdated mailbox content from a wrong mailbox?

Is there a way to know what happen with the email once it received? I mean where it been gone like in another log? Or where it been move once received?

Thanks

Back