• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Wordpress Installation

NicolasP.

Regular Pleskian
Plesk Onyx 17.0.17, Ubuntu 14.04

Another strange issue in Plesk Onyx.

I try to install Wordpress through applications in a subdomain and I get this error:

Error: The following error has occurred during the installation of application:
Installation of WordPress at http://sub.domain.gr/ failed. terminate called after throwing an instance of 'boost::filesystem::filesystem_error'
what(): boost::filesystem::status: Permission denied: "/opt/psa/var/apspackages/0e7be317-612f-4af4-a8c2-0357ce348dde/cache/htdocs"

I tried to install another application (Drupal) and it installed successfully.

Something wrong with permissions there. Fix it with

# find /usr/local/psa/var/apspackages/ -type f -a -not -perm 644 -exec chmod 644 {} \;
# find /usr/local/psa/var/apspackages/ -mindepth 1 -type d -a -not -perm 755 -exec chmod 755 {} \;

We're seeing this on Plesk 17. No-one's modified the permissions on these folders (as they simply don't have access to them). Can you confirm that this is indeed a Plesk bug and that it'll be fixed in a microupdate?

I confirm that I have issues installing WordPress too on Plesk Onyx 17.5 stable on Ubuntu 16.04
It look like a bug... It happens on every domain and for every subscriptions. It seems to me that it was introduced very recently after I updated Plesk.

- When I try installing WordPress using the quick install link, it works but when I try installing from the Applications panel it does not work and throws an error "
Filesystem error: boost::filesystem::copy_file: Permission denied:"

See screenshots:

Plesk-WP-custom-install-error-2.jpg

Plesk-WP-quick-install.jpg

Plesk-WP-custom-install.jpg

@Mehdi Salem please be sure before this issue that there is correct permission for apspackages directory. It should be exactly like:

# ls -ld /usr/local/psa/var/apspackages/
drwxr-xr-x 6 psaadm psaadm 4096 Feb 11 06:46 /usr/local/psa/var/apspackages/

Yes @IgorG, I have looked around and checked permissions before I post this and looks like permissions are correct but I still get the issue:
ls -ld /usr/local/psa/var/apspackages/
drwxr-xr-x 16 psaadm psaadm 4096 Jul 12 05:42 /usr/local/psa/var/apspackages/

Not sure my issue is permissions because why would the quick install works and not the custom?

Last edited:
Ooops... SELinux is disabled but Yes, sol#2 did solve the problem! Next time I'll try opening my eyes better :) Thank you!

Last edited:
Back