Issue Wrong Apache logs on a domain

LB1985

New Pleskian
Hi all,

Plesk 12.5.30 Update #64 here.
We have an issue with a domain. On the logs page of the domain we can see only apache and apache SSL logs, but they are not the actual logs of this domain. They are not also from another website and they log very rarely something.

If we try to add more logs under "Manage Logs", we don't have the option to do that (we have obviously an administrator account).
The working logs are on /var/www/vhosts/system/example.com/logs/ and they are working fine.
We tried to relink them with relink-vhost-logs; the relink went fine, but the log page still didn't show the correct logs.

Just for an additional information, the relink of the logs didn't survive the log rotation.

Any ideas or solutions?

Kindly regards and thanks :)

Maybe something is wrong with the webserver configuration files? You can try

# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/httpdmng --reconfigure-domain <domain-name>

to reconfigure the webserver configuration files.

Maybe something is wrong with the webserver configuration files? You can try

# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/httpdmng --reconfigure-domain <domain-name>

to reconfigure the webserver configuration files.
Hi Peter,

I've forgot to mention that we have already made a reconfigure-all, but with no success.

The only time I have seen the relink vhost process to fail is when the user or group name or permissions on the /var/www/vhosts/<subscription> or /var/www/vhosts/<subscription>/logs folder are wrong. Maybe one of these reasons fit the case. Else I don't have any idea what is causing this.

The only time I have seen the relink vhost process to fail is when the user or group name or permissions on the /var/www/vhosts/<subscription> or /var/www/vhosts/<subscription>/logs folder are wrong. Maybe one of these reasons fit the case. Else I don't have any idea what is causing this.
Hi Peter,

if I relink the logs, they work fine, but I still can't see them on the log page.

The log page gets its data from the /system log path, not from the subscription's log path, so I am unsure why it is not shown there. Unless someone else comes up with a bright idea, this might need official Plesk support via support ticket.

Back