• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Zimbra on Plesk

E

exothermic

I have spent some time looking over zimbra, and I really like it. What I'm wondering is there is anyone out there interested on working on an integration of zimbra into plesk (for pay) I be interested in seeing it either integrated dirrectly into the same plesk server, or along side in a seperate server, but still managed(mostly) with the plesk interface via Zimbra API.

If anyone is up to this lets talk it out, as I believe that multiple people could be interested in this.

www.zimbra.com

from what I saw zimbra is very integrated with its own setup, postfix, openldap and courier so you pretty much need a separate server for it. for account information it is possible to get it to authenticate from a separate LDAP source so you would need something to pass Plesk account information over from SQL to LDAP.. imo it's not an easy thing though and that's Zimbras biggest flaw, being so tightly integrated with its own third party components rather than just providing the web side and allowing you to provide the mail server etc.

yep you could probably use the authentication API to talk to Plesk's database.

Back