• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

8.01 latest update FTP backup returns - but doesn't work :(

Originally posted by Pagemakers
Pleased to say this looks like it has finally been resolved with the files PLesk have just installed to my servers.
That's what you said before, too.

I know!

The update has been added to 2 servers and I have made hundreds of tests over a few days. With the new files everything is working as advertised.

Update?

I am having the same problem - I was wondering if a the solution as continued to work and if you have heard any news on an official patch,

I agree, the new FTP backup seems to be working perfectly.

I don't have any problems and I do have 2 backup files on my backup server (as instructed).

The backup utility has been working fine for a few weeks since they released the new update. I recommend you update your Plesk.

I can't get scheduled backup to work with 8.0.1 either. I configured the ftp settings. If I use Backup Now and select ftp repository it works fine. When I schedule a backup it doesn't work. I have about 25 backups scheduled. For some reason 1 or 2 of them actually work sometimes. However, it deletes all the backups that I created using Backup Now.

I get severaldifferent error messages in the backup error email.

Connection time-out

QUOT string not accepted: DELE auto_backup/rinconescape_2006.09.03_01-15-03

name lookup timed out

Sometimes the same domain will have different error messages.

If scheduled backup is working for you, I would appreciate any suggestions you have, because I can't make it work.

Garry

I just upgraded to the latest update. Can't find the Backup Manager. Where is it?

Thanks.

Scheduled backup stopped working

Same problems.
FC4, PLESK 8.0.1
Scheduled backup stopped working with either FTP or local.
Works fine for 'Backup Now'.
Check the cron log.
found /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng >/dev/null 2>&1.

I think I solved my problem. I was directing the scheduled backups for several domains into the same folder on the FTP server. It doesn't seem to deal with that very well. I created separate backup directories for each domain and now it seems to be working fine.

Garry

Back