• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Apache web apps on a windows server

MiTo

Basic Pleskian
Hi
Is it possible to install XAMPP or anything else as a Plesk extension to run apache apps ?
As i worked 20y in IT Business with Windows i am of course much more familar with a Windows Server and IIS than any Linux with all it's cryptic command line ticka-tacka...
I would like to run some apps like tine20 or Kolab, Humhub, Dolphin on the Windows Server and try o figure out how to...
Any help here is highly apreciated.
Thx in advance.

Everything that needs an apache webserver...mostly groupware or social community solutions...

mostly groupware or social community solutions...
It is webapplications but not "Apache applications" and as far as I know they can be used on any webserver - Apache or IIS, for example. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't know any Apache specific web applications.
Anyway, you can't use Apache on Plesk for Windows.

Ok, that's a clear statement. Thx.
Most of that webapps are running but specific functions such as active sync will not work on IIS...at least not "out of the box"...
Ok, so i will just do "trial & error"...

Well, i got a huge tine20 Installation up and runing with IIS...and even active sync will work.... ;-)

Back