• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Atmail Full Version for Linux

onsightdata

Regular Pleskian
Hello, I purchased a lease license to try out the Atmail Full version. I recieved my license but can not find a way to install atmail full on my linux server. I was able to put the updated license in and it does does show the atmail additional license however when i go to update there is no additional atmail to install. Only shows atmail basic installed. I have also checked modules where i would assume it would be installed and there is nothing there either. I did find documentation in the Plesk Advaned Adminstration PDF for windows but nothing in linux.

I have a feeling that atmail full is only for windows installs of plesk however i would like to be wrong so if anyone has it installed or can find any documentation for installing/enabling it please point me in the right direction.

OK so that worked. You are the only person at parallels who seems to know something about this. The welcome email I recieved even had totally wrong instructions that didn't work. There is zero documentation that I could find. I do have a few questions for you though:

1. Anyway to deploy this to the whole server without creating a database for each specific domain and installing the application for each domain?
2. I guess what i was hoping was this would replace the atmail 1.02 lite that is installed by default in plesk and allow me to have a more featured webmail client. I am glad i just got a lease cause i am not sure at this time if this is a good choice for me.
3. I would like to challenge parallels to package a full featured and updated webmail client or have the option to purchase a third party webmail that fully integrates its self in plesk. Maybe roundcube or Atmail 6

Thank you for feedback. I have forwarded your questions to development team. I will update this thread with their answer as soon as I receive it.

Here is developer's answer:

1. Do not understand what do you mean. The atmail used segregate self database and do not created database for each specific domain. webmailmng just register webmail name for each domain into plesk database.
2. The commercial version of atmail does not replace atmail lite version. Both versions was to be accessed for using.
3. It is third-party software and it is in the manager's responsibility. Now we support atmail commercial version as thirdparty component.

When I install it, i have to install it under a specific domain. That being said any user from any domain can login to it however i have to give them the url for the domain that i installed it under.

If i want to offer it to all domains i have would have to deploy it as a web application for each domain then and that would create a database for each domain then.

I would think that it should be installed as a module like other 3rd party applications are ( example Acronis ).

Its not an inexpensive option to deploy but its an amazing piece of software I feel just i think it could be better. Like the option to replace atmail lite if you are paying the money for the full version.

Kinda like DrWeb which comes with a certain number of free users but if you buy the license it expands that. Maybe if you add the license it expands the features of Atmail.

Just some feed back. I would like to see a more advanced webmail option available with plesk. Horde is a great webmail but to be honest its kinda ugly ;) I hate going to visit clients and they are switching their hosting from their previous client and they show me there current webmail and all i can thing is wow thats a nice webmail and then i have to show them horde and i am like well it works good! Thats my 2 cents.

I am stoked on Plesk and would not switch away from it for any reason at this time just would like to make the best better.

Thanks Igor

Igor,

If you don't mind asking the developers something for me. I tried to find out in the atmail forum but they said that i had to find out from parallels. The webadmin part of the Atmail commercial version is supposed to be protected with a .htaccess file.

The Webadmin is insecure! Please secure webadmin immediately with a password. Validate Apache is setup for .htaccess support to the atmail directory for the password protection to work

Could you see if they have directions for creating a password protected .htaccess file for this folder?

onsightdata,

Thank you for this information. I have created corresponding request to developers regarding secure problem of webadmin for Atmail. I hope this security issue will be fixed soon.

No more informations since then?

I just bought commercial version and it relies on AppVault to work.... That's not mentioned anywhere !!!!

The only way to install it is to get a temporary license, and so install it... that's a SHAME !

Moreover, the security issue "The Webadmin is insecure! Please secure webadmin immediately with a password. Validate Apache is setup for .htaccess support to the atmail directory for the password protection to work" is still there

At last, it seems that Atmail full actual version is 6, and plesk provide only 5.6 version....

So, do anybody (corp) have any idea on:
- how to get rid of the security problem
- when do atmail will be supported like a server module and not an application ( and so not require appvault license )
- when do plesk's atmail version will be the last one?

Thank you for the reply

Back