• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue Backup Restore Error

Ahmet CAVUSOGLU

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Centos 7
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hello, when I try to restore the backup I made on Onedrive, I get an error. When I look at the bug report, there is no report in it. Centos 7- Plesk Version Number: 18.0.51

The screenshot is attached.

Attachments

• screen.PNG
    screen.PNG
    333.4 KB · Views: 12
  • screen2.PNG
    screen2.PNG
    49.6 KB · Views: 10
Sometimes, when a log is very long, it cannot be displayed in the graphical user interface. Instead you can check /var/log/plesk/PMM/restore-... for more information.

Thanks Peter, the source of the error is: "Unable to import file as dump: Unable to run '/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/pmm-ras': 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xba in position 35: invalid start byte". Thank you for your support

It could be that a user account has a special character in the account name like a %. Please check it with

Code:
# plesk db "select pname,login from clients \G;"
It could return something like
Code:
*************************** 1. row ***************************
pname: John Doe
login: jhsn%hsd
If so, please rename the affected login names. Afterwards, rename the task.db file and retry the restore (mv /usr/local/psa/PMM/tasks/tasks.db{,.broken}).

Hi Peter, it took a while to get back to you, I did the process you mentioned. But the username did not contain any Turkish characters. I also changed the name of the other process, task.db, but the problem persists.

Attachments

• Ekran Alıntısı23.PNG
    Ekran Alıntısı23.PNG
    20.7 KB · Views: 9
Hi Peter, I have now checked the other servers I manage. For example, there is a similar problem on the Ubuntu 20 version server. I will upgrade to your new version 18.0.52 and try again. Not for repair support, if you want to observe the problem I can generate password for you.

Hello again, it didn't get fixed with the version upgrade either. I am sending the log records to you for your information.

Attachments

• restore-2023-04-26-22-54-59-903.zip
    9.7 KB · Views: 2
Back