• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Building Custom Modules

Z

zero@

I'm about to buy Plesk, and I was considering Sitebuilder also. I had some questions about building custom modules, and I was hoping this community could help.

How difficult is it to build and incorporate custom modules? I've glanced at some of the API info (Very nice!) but I just want to know real users' experiences.

Do the modules each have to be on their own page? Or is there some way, let's say with a photo gallery, to display some pictures on the homepage, and then link to the rest of the gallery?

My particular issue is that I need to provide each site I am hosting with an information section on the homepage that will link to more details. For instance, a list of weekly specials, and if you click on one then it goes to a page with details about that special. I don't want my users to have to enter the info twice or more. Would that mean I would need 2 modules - one that would list the specials, and one that would display them? Or am I totally off?

Thanks!

No replies yet ... hmmm...

Has anyone here ever built their own module?

Back