• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Cannot create new domain

EugeneM79

New Pleskian
Error: IP addresses for mail service of domain <domain> are not set

This is error I'm getting. It was working some time ago, but now I cannot create new domain.

Any ideas what happened?

Could you please check, if your IP(s) are set to "shared" ?

Tools & Settings > IP Addresses

Did you already try some bootstrapper repair?

/usr/local/psa/bootstrapper/pp12.0.18-bootstrapper/bootstrapper.sh repair

Is the "/etc/hosts" - file setup correctly and did you check the nameserver for false or missing entries? Or did you probably setup the DNS - template from Plesk with own entries, which might be causing this issue?

Your "/etc/hosts" - file should look like this:

Code:
127.0.0.1    localhost.localdomain    localhost
XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX    subdomain.YOURDOMAIN.COM    subdomain
XXX.XXX.XXX.XXY    subdomain.YOURDOMAIN.COM    subdomain
XXX.XXX.XXX.XXZ    subdomain.YOURDOMAIN.COM    subdomain
Each server has one or more static IP adresses, with a specific reverse DNS - entry ( most of the time, these rDNS - entries are done over your provider's nameserver! ). Let's say, that you named your server "server1" and the reverse DNS - entry for the static IP points to "YOUR_EXAMPLE_DOMAIN.COM", then a correct hosts - file - entry would look like this: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX server1.YOUR_EXAMPLE_DOMAIN.COM server1.
In your case, the hosts - file entry for "185.23.16.155" doesn't point to a fully qualified domain name ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fully_qualified_domain_name ), because the reverse check of "185.23.16.155" points to "hosted-by.imhoster.net"

Am I supposed to write down every domain manually? It was working fine, even after I've upgraded to Plesk 12. I've got some 20-30 domains there.

No EugeneM79,

you only have to put the in the domain, which reverse to your IP ( please see the providers nameserver for it, if you are unsure, which domain has the reverse DNS - entry ).

Does the "/etc/hostname" equals the new entry in "/etc/hosts", like probably: "server1.DOMAIN.COM" ? You could as well uncomment the auto-configuration - line "185.23.16.155 vps-146822.localhost-2 vps-146822" in your "/etc/hosts" - file with a "#" in front.

>hostname
now produces good name (same as cat /etc/hostname), but I still get the error:

[31-Oct-2014 17:11:27 Europe/Moscow] PleskException: IP addresses for mail service of domain levitonis.com are not set
file: /opt/psa/admin/plib/Service/Mail.php
line: 104
code: 0
trace: #0 /opt/psa/admin/plib/Smb/Plesk/Bridge/Domain.php(561): Service_Mail->createMailService(Object(Service_Mail_Parameters))
#1 /opt/psa/admin/plib/Smb/Form/Final/Web/AddDomain.php(164): Smb_Plesk_Bridge_Domain::createAdditionalDomain(Object(Webspace), 'levitonis.com', 'master', Array, 0, NULL)
#2 /opt/psa/admin/application/smb/controllers/WebController.php(347): Smb_Form_Final_Web_AddDomain->processForm()
#3 /opt/psa/admin/externals/Zend/Controller/Action.php(516): Smb_WebController->addDomainAction()
#4 /opt/psa/admin/externals/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php(295): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch('addDomainAction')
#5 /opt/psa/admin/externals/Zend/Controller/Front.php(954): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http))
#6 /opt/psa/admin/plib/Application/Web.php(38): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch(NULL)
#7 /opt/psa/admin/htdocs/application.php(15): Plesk\Application_Web->run()
#8 {main}

[2014-10-31 17:11:29] ERR [panel] IP addresses for mail service of domain levitonis.com are not set<br><a href='http://kb.odin.com/plesk-error/search?metaId=40a7788cd04f6ac22023dbf2bfc2e46c&messageId=897e89aad8ffb36b67a7b9c0c5b832c2&file=Mail.php&line=104&type=PleskException&message=IP addresses for mail service of domain levitonis.com are not set' target='_blank'>Search for related Knowledge Base articles</a>

Last edited:
Could you please check the DNS - entries for "levitonis.com" ( in Plesk ). It seems that there is no correct MX - record. If the MX entry doesn't point to the "185.23.16.155", you will continue having issues. The DNS - entry should look like this:
Code:
185.23.16.155 / 24    PTR    levitonis.com.
levitonis.com.    MX (10)    mail.levitonis.com.

Additional, you might configured another PTR entry for the mail - server with:
Code:
185.23.16.155 / 24    PTR    mail.levitonis.com.

I use external DNS. And also I cannot add the domain in the first place, so I don't have its DNS in plesk anyway.

And external DNS is configured at godaddy:

Non-authoritative answer:
mail.levitonis.com canonical name = levitonis.com.
Name: levitonis.com
Address: 185.23.16.155

Non-authoritative answer:
levitonis.com mail exchanger = 10 mail.levitonis.com.

I've also tried to add domain without hosting, but it fails as well.

I am having this same issue. "Error: IP addresses for mail service of domain _________ are not set". My host is 1and1.com which is where I registered the domain. They set the mail server as per the domain name but I changed it to 1and1.com mail servers to match my other domains which are working just fine. This is a new problem. I have 10+ domains in plesk. Just this one has given me issues.

Parallels Plesk v12.0.18_build1200140606.15 os_CentOS 6

Back