• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Cannot Install Updates within Updates & Upgrades > Add/Remove Components or via Command Line

Craig1986

Basic Pleskian
I run a VPS, which has Plesk (Version 17.8.11) installed, where I have just gone to install a few components via the below steps within the Plesk Interface:
  • Tools & Settings > Updates and Upgrades > Add/Remove Components
For some reason, I am having difficulties whereby when I go to select 'Continue', the page simply refreshes with some extra information at the top of the page rather than progressing to the installation page. I have tried selecting 'Continue' several times but I get the same response. Furthermore, I have tried installing the various components separately (PHP version, Firewall etc) but I get the same issue.

As an alternative, I tried using the Command Line:
  • # plesk installer --select-release-current --install-component psa-firewall
but ended up with the output:
  • BUSY: Update operation was locked by another update process.
    exit status 1
Just wondering what could be causing the issue, and how I can resolve such an issue, as I have not had this issue before. From the Command Line Output, it appears that there is an install already in process. As such, I was thinking that maybe Plesk is running some update in the Background or my current efforts of installation have stopped mid way etc. Is there a way to check on this? The issue has been producing the same outcome for over an hour now. Surely such a Plesk update would not take this long?

Please take your text with the word Plesk, separated by comma:
Plesk, BUSY: Update operation was locked by another update process
and start a quick google search.
So, you will be immediately redirected to PLESK SUPPORT ARTICLES, which lead to the best solution.

Please take your text with the word Plesk, separated by comma:
Plesk, BUSY: Update operation was locked by another update process
and start a quick google search.
So, you will be immediately redirected to PLESK SUPPORT ARTICLES, which lead to the best solution.
My apologies ... Should had mentioned I had already referred to Unable to open the "Updates and Upgrades" page or start Plesk Installer in CLI: Update operation was locked by another update process where I had killed all processes. Just to make sure, I ran the necessary Command Lines again to ensure the processes did not reappear.

Unfortunately, the issue is still persisting. I was wondering if there could be some kind of Background Task that could be causing an issue or maybe someone has come across some conflict with a particular Component.

No prob., no need to apologize. YOU'RE WELCOME... freui.gif
I also follow(ed) the great tutorials by PLESK SUPPORT + BLOGS + FORUM
Everything written and shown in an easy understanding way.
I had exactly the same problem like you last year and it was resolved by the help of Plesk support.

Back