• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue Cannot Install Updates within Updates & Upgrades > Add/Remove Components or via Command Line

Craig1986

Basic Pleskian
I run a VPS, which has Plesk (Version 17.8.11) installed, where I have just gone to install a few components via the below steps within the Plesk Interface:
  • Tools & Settings > Updates and Upgrades > Add/Remove Components
For some reason, I am having difficulties whereby when I go to select 'Continue', the page simply refreshes with some extra information at the top of the page rather than progressing to the installation page. I have tried selecting 'Continue' several times but I get the same response. Furthermore, I have tried installing the various components separately (PHP version, Firewall etc) but I get the same issue.

As an alternative, I tried using the Command Line:
  • # plesk installer --select-release-current --install-component psa-firewall
but ended up with the output:
  • BUSY: Update operation was locked by another update process.
    exit status 1
Just wondering what could be causing the issue, and how I can resolve such an issue, as I have not had this issue before. From the Command Line Output, it appears that there is an install already in process. As such, I was thinking that maybe Plesk is running some update in the Background or my current efforts of installation have stopped mid way etc. Is there a way to check on this? The issue has been producing the same outcome for over an hour now. Surely such a Plesk update would not take this long?

Please take your text with the word Plesk, separated by comma:
Plesk, BUSY: Update operation was locked by another update process
and start a quick google search.
So, you will be immediately redirected to PLESK SUPPORT ARTICLES, which lead to the best solution.

Please take your text with the word Plesk, separated by comma:
Plesk, BUSY: Update operation was locked by another update process
and start a quick google search.
So, you will be immediately redirected to PLESK SUPPORT ARTICLES, which lead to the best solution.
My apologies ... Should had mentioned I had already referred to Unable to open the "Updates and Upgrades" page or start Plesk Installer in CLI: Update operation was locked by another update process where I had killed all processes. Just to make sure, I ran the necessary Command Lines again to ensure the processes did not reappear.

Unfortunately, the issue is still persisting. I was wondering if there could be some kind of Background Task that could be causing an issue or maybe someone has come across some conflict with a particular Component.

No prob., no need to apologize. YOU'RE WELCOME... freui.gif
I also follow(ed) the great tutorials by PLESK SUPPORT + BLOGS + FORUM
Everything written and shown in an easy understanding way.
I had exactly the same problem like you last year and it was resolved by the help of Plesk support.

Back