• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Can't load templates

I

Intellect

We just purchased SiteBuilder yesterday.

Every time I try to load a tempate zip file I get an IE error page:

-------------------------------------------------
The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer
-------------------------------------------------

Can anyone shed some light on why this would be happening?

Good luck to you. this is the shittiest so called support I've ever seen.

I've been trying to get a refund since last week, but tickets, requests and questions all unanswered.

Just take a look at these threads here. notice there's no replies all the way back to feb?

Hey viruseater, did you get your refund? I'm curious about why you wanted a refund? Did you have problems with the software?

tia

sure didn't.

I signed a complaint at my bank and charged back the funds.

I couldn't even ask for a refund, nobody replies to this forum, or their support.

and yes, there are numerous problems, in both windows and linux distros. including both fedora core 1 and RHEL 3

That's a shame. It seems like a nice product. You can image my surprise when reading your message. I had just clicked the purchase button and then came to the forum and read your reply. :eek:

I had a terrible time installing SiteBuilder into a Win2k3 system. And with absolutely no documentation worth reading to help me it took 3 days. I agree support, at least pre-sales, is non-existant to say the least. I don't know about post sales but I doubt I'll get any because it looks like a pay only service. Assuming their software performs as described I'll deal with it.

Oh well, that's why I always make these kind of purchases with a credit card. :cool:

Anyway, I feel for you. Have you tried SiteStudio? It's not near as pretty but it does work pretty well. Their documentation isn't any better than SiteBuilders but their support is excellent.

Good Luck

Are you all using the Windows version? I've had no problems with the linux build and use it on quite a few servers ... no problems with support either.

I'm quite sure you don't have support problems with multiple licenses they probably give a **** about you.

Here's a great example. Try calling their support line.

+1 (703) 815-5670 (global headquarters supposedly)

Now, press the corresponding key for support. You'll be asked to press 1 if you do NOT have premium support contracts. press 2 if you do.

press 1. stuck in a loop. it immediately goes back to the same question.

press 2. sits there for a bit, then hangs up.

Yeah this **** is the bomb

Oh wait, wait... you're an official partner. no wonder

Cranky, I'm using the Windows version. I can't say if it works or not because I haven't heard from SWsoft since I placed my order. Nor did I get an answer to my emails to [email protected] . I'll let you know how it goes once I get my license info.

Okay I received my license key. I uploaded it and nothing happens. Of course there are NO instructions and [email protected] does not answer their emails either. The saga continues...

Anyone out there that can help me?

I finally got someone on the phone from sw-soft sales. Of course he couldn't lookup my order or put me through to support. :rolleyes:

He told me to send an email to [email protected] which I did. No response from them either.

Viruseater, it looks like you're right. This is a scam. :eek:

What a waste of time and effort.

I setup a new poll in both forums. I suggest everyone go there and vote so future buyers may be warned of this scam.

well, you should qualify that. It's not a scam, it's just horrible customer management.

I just now got this working on my Windows 2003 server after a steady 5 hours of work.

you CANNOT do a direct install and have it work. you need to make changes to your php.ini file, as well as a redirect in IIS so it will work.

If you want, I'll write it all out and give you the info. However, I haven't even started back up again on my Linux boxes

Thanks, but I figured all that out during the 3 days from hell I spent getting it to run. Now that I have it running I thought I'd license it to see how it performs outside of demo mode and I can't get my license key to upload.

Did you get your license key to load?

yes. but you have to extract the key from the initial zip file you get. then upload it, but that's easy stuff.

That's exactly what I did and nothing happens. I don't get any errors, it just says that it is still in demo mode.

I have it running on a win2k3 box as well.

Installed to c:\inetpub\wwwroot\sitebuilder
Setup virtual directory under my website
php is running fine with all extensions and no errors
sitebuilder database is present in mySQL
I can login to admin panel and run demo

License just won't take. :confused:

I got it to take by hacking the .key/.sb.key file and replacing the demo license info with mine. :D

Thanks for all your help sw-soft!!!!

Too bad there's no icon for giving the finger!

Maybe this will work... ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›

Intellect, did you ever get your templates to load? If not, and your using a windows server, check the permissions on the windows\temp folder. IUSR_MACHINE must have read / write access.

Trouble with getting this Site Builder to work in Windows Server 2003 too.

I'm having trouble with getting this Site Builder to work in Windows Server 2003 too.

PHP5, MYSQL 4.1.7. It installed successfully, Icecube is also installed, however, I get a blank page when going here: mysite.com/sitebuilder/ but can get it by going direct to ...sitebuilder/index.html, however I can't call up anything else from ...sitebuilder/index.html (Admin, SiteBuilder, Wizard) they're all blank.

Any help/hints you could give would be great :D

Pie:
:confused:

Make sure you "Home Directory" in IIS points to c:\inetpub\wwwroot\sitebuilder

Hi bfrench,

Site Builder does point to: D:\inetpub\wwwroot\sitebuilder\

Pie :D

Back