• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

CentOS 8 support

I've been checking the Obsidian change log and have only found 1 reference to CentOS 8, so not sure what this indicates about the eta. Is it still tracking for this week or are we looking roughly "X" more weeks? Thanks.

I've been checking the Obsidian change log and have only found 1 reference to CentOS 8, so not sure what this indicates about the eta. Is it still tracking for this week or are we looking roughly "X" more weeks? Thanks.
To be fair they said middle of this month. My estimation is you better wait end of this month. That's more realistic.

Just my two cents, but c’mon guys give Igor a break; he’s explained three times already that there’s NO ETA yet and CentOS 8 was released not all that long ago. The developers are not going to rush Plesk out the door in a half-baked manner just because you configured your server with an OS version that is not officially supported yet.

Last edited:
Just my two cents, but c’mon guys give Igor a break; he’s explained three times already that there’s NO ETA yet and CentOS 8 was released not all that long ago. The developers are not going to rush Plesk out the door in a half-baked manner just because you configured your server with an OS version that is not officially supported yet.
hahahah nice answer liked it man :D

Hi, I'm with an update on Centos 8 support: it will be a bit delayed due to the high load on our team as a lot of customers upgrading to the Plesk Obsidian, and the team is focused on fixing the found issues firstly.

New ETA: there is a small chance that Centos 8 will be supported in the next Plesk build (will be delivered in December, 17th). And big chances for January.

I will keep you up-to-date. Thanks.

Hi i want to know if now Plesk Obsedian is compatible to Centos 8?
At this point i wonder does anyone ever bother to read content of a thread in which they are posting their question in?

Take your question for example. You are asking is CentOS 8 supported, and you want to know but literally just one reply above you, staff member replied and explained that CentOS 8 support will be available most likely in January next year.

Meh i am having a weird day...

Sorry for asking again, but is there any new information?

Last ETA is: "there is a small chance that Centos 8 will be supported in the next Plesk build (will be delivered in December, 17th). And big chances for January."

.... do you know more now? Will it be in the December update?

If not, is there any possibility to "force" the installation? I have no Problem to test ist / use something like a "beta" on my server. I am ofc also willing to send you the "issues" which occur on Cent OS 8, if that helps.

Thanks for your answers!

Reactions: XTI
Hi, I'm with an update on Centos 8 support: it will be a bit delayed due to the high load on our team as a lot of customers upgrading to the Plesk Obsidian, and the team is focused on fixing the found issues firstly.

New ETA: there is a small chance that Centos 8 will be supported in the next Plesk build (will be delivered in December, 17th). And big chances for January.

I will keep you up-to-date. Thanks.

today December 17? Is there an improvement?

and in your country the deadlines are shifting always.
If you recall, @IgorG was reluctant to give out a more exact timeline at first. And turns out he was right not to.

I'm really disappointed to see a certain kind of replies above. Do some of you think that Plesk doesn't want to release CentOS 8 support as soon as possible? Or what are you thinking when posting such things, if anything?

What @Anthony said last was: "New ETA: there is a small chance that Centos 8 will be supported in the next Plesk build (will be delivered in December, 17th). And big chances for January."

ETA means "estimated time of arrival". Estimated. There were no deadlines published.

Now I'm afraid this was a good experience for @Anthony that, if anything, will tell him not to repeat such a mistake and give out any specific estimates ever again.

BTW, we are waiting for CentOS 8 support too, very eagerly. But at the same time I can understand what it takes and that it will be ready when it's ready. Why is that so hard to grasp?

If you recall, @IgorG was reluctant to give out a more exact timeline at first. And turns out he was right not to.

I'm really disappointed to see a certain kind of replies above. Do some of you think that Plesk doesn't want to release CentOS 8 support as soon as possible? Or what are you thinking when posting such things, if anything?

What @Anthony said last was: "New ETA: there is a small chance that Centos 8 will be supported in the next Plesk build (will be delivered in December, 17th). And big chances for January."

ETA means "estimated time of arrival". Estimated. There were no deadlines published.

Now I'm afraid this was a good experience for @Anthony that, if anything, will tell him not to repeat such a mistake and give out any specific estimates ever again.

BTW, we are waiting for CentOS 8 support too, very eagerly. But at the same time I can understand what it takes and that it will be ready when it's ready. Why is that so hard to grasp?

you don't need to be angry :)

Muck :(:(:(:(:(

No one is angry, stop asking silly questions. It's not that Plesk team want to torture you with delay of CentOS 8 support or something. But people could understand that on their own if they turn up their brains.

Don't worry guys , you'll be able to use CentOS8 at your own risk soon. don't push, it's not a critical bug or urgent feature.
There are a lot of moving parts around OS, as you may know, every service has its own version and Plesk is internally complex enough to put all that together and support every bit of it.

I don't really understand, some of you provide support to their customers and unable to figure that out.

Let them pick the right time to support CentOS8 as soon as they see fit. We need quality support, not a rushy support full of bugs.

Back