• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Change domain IP address back to shared IP?

Tamouh Hakmi

New Pleskian
Whenever we try to change a domain IP address to shared IP, we get this error:

"The IP address associated with this domain is already used by another domain for SSL support implementation"

This is the latest Plesk v10 Windows 2008 R2 x64

- On the same subject, how do we remove the section "Applications" from users control panel? We don't want users to see applications for installation. In fact, the server does not have any applications installed there!

Thank you, Igor. I actually finally found it. Seems like SSL Support was enabled for that domain.

So I had to go to Customers -> click on control panel for that user -> click on Website tab -> click on the domain name at the bottom -> then remove the check from the section called "SECURITY" where it says SSL Support

Then go back to the subscription for that customer, and change web hosting settings -> change the IP address

None of the above worked for me. Spent over 2 hours trying to do this as needed to migrate from one box to another and the migration failed as the ip addresses on the source where marked as exclusive.

The solution I eventually came up with was nasty. Plesk is really a work in progress tool that somehow is at version 10 and still has real bad issues. HOW CAN YOU REMOVE AN EXCLUSIVE IP ADDRESS THROUGH THE GUI?

I couldnt work it out. In the end I resorted to going into the Plesk DB and doint the following:

mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` -Dpsa -e "update ip_pool set type='shared';".

*BEWARE*This will make all ips shared, but in my book the exclusive idea has flaws so I'm going ot stick to shared IPs for now. If you only want to change a specifc ip you need to find the id of the IP address and add a where clause.

SELECT * FROM IP_Address will show a list of IP_Addresses will show these.

Back