• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Coldfusion / Access MDB Problem

M

mattd@

I'm in the process of migrating some sites from an existing windows server (running ensim as it's web manager) to my Plesk server. I have a site that's written with asp/cfm/mdb. I've added a ODBC connection of the same data source name to my plesk server. When I test the connection, I get an info box that says the connection was successful.

When I try to load the page on the site, I recieve this error:

Data source burkemessages could not be found.

The error occurred in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\burkemessages.info/httpdocs\login.cfm: line 3

1 : <cfparam name="form.username" default="">
2 : <cfparam name="password" default="">
3 : <cfquery datasource="#session.db#" name="login">

I've configured the settings exactly the same way that the previous server had them, same name (with the same case) pointing to the same file.

Does anyone know why I'd be recieving this message?

Thanks.

******** EDIT *******

Turns out that Plesk didn't register the connection with Coldfusion. Since I have the Coldfusion addon for Plesk, shouldn't it do this automatically? I don't want to have to go back and add these connections through the Administration console of CF.

Under Component Management it says:

ColdFusion
Macromedia ColdFusion MX 7 7.0.0.0

As far as I know, Plesk (7.5 for Windows at least) does nothing to interact with cold fusion. It will only enable or disable it's use through IIS. Databases need to be established via CF admin.
Here's one trick that I have used though. Grab the file C:\CFusionMX7\lib\neo-query.xml from your old installation and copy it into the new installation. Restart CF, then log in to CF admin and go to databases. They will all be listed, but are not yet "registered". Click edit for each one, and submit without changing anything (unless you need to edit ip's, ports, mdb fild locations, or passwords). This should not take too much time to get all of your db's back in business.

Is there anyway to make this happen automatically? It's crazy to assume that we'll add each new DB to CF admin manually.

Back