• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Custom SMTP Mail Server per Domain

mathi_reg

Basic Pleskian
Dear Guys,

Is it possible to add a custom mail server/service for one domain inside plesk. I'm not talking about a global configuration but for one domain only. And I also know that MX Records could be changed. I'd love to add a custom mail server for one domain though.

Thanks,
Matthias

Sure, just edit the DNS settings of that domain.
Ex: example.com. MX (10) mail.example.com.
I think you could use even the domain name itself.

Sounds like you'd like to install another set of SMTP/IMAP/etc. servers in parallel on the same Plesk server? While it could arguably be done, the only sane answer is no.

What you can do is have one domain use a completely different mail server, installed separately from your Plesk instance. In this case you'd indeed just change the MX record and disable the mail service for this domain in Plesk (don't forget this step). All other settings, such as user authentication, etc., would be performed on that other mail server.

Perhaps someone could provide a completely different solution to your problem if you tell us why would you like one customer to have a separate mail server.

Dear Guys,

Is it possible to add a custom mail server/service for one domain inside plesk. I'm not talking about a global configuration but for one domain only. And I also know that MX Records could be changed. I'd love to add a custom mail server for one domain though.

Thanks,
Matthias

You probably want to modify /etc/postfix/<sasl_passwd|main.cf|sender_relay> files (dont forget to run "postmap <file>" afterwards to build hashmap.
You might want to google "postfix client_sasl_sender" or something similar, this will set you right on track

Back