• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Customer and Business manager isn't working

Also point out that after upgrading to version 10.2 there is another problem than that reported in this thread. Now, you can no longer access the control panel with the Safari browser.

I think I can confirm isn't os related. This weekend I tried installion on Debian 6.0, Debian 5.0.8, Centos 5, Ubuntu 10.04 (always amd64) will all the same result.

I tried to install with older autoinstaller build. As soon as I upgraded to 10.2, same problem. So it's may be in the microupdate or something like that (if that can help)

License error shutting down my websites

The error with the license in business manager is causing my websites to be shut down 1 by one as their accounts reach overuse or if they owe invoices... but I cant change ANYTHING in business manager because of this license problem. I am also unable to manually re-activate a website that was suspended automatically... It show in Plesk panel as having been activated, but when I try to go to the website it can't be found.... this site was working in 10.1.1 and now this is another thing that 10.2 broke!

I've just seen the announcement at the top of the forum. IgorG is on vacation until the 25th April (he seems to be the most active Parallels member on the forums).

Looks like a few weeks of waiting for any response from anyone at Parallels.

i saw it friday afternoon - and i tried to think positive
but deep inside ...

don´t know if it is possible get only a short statement by any other member of Parallels Team

I can't confirm since I'm not in the same position than you (I didn't upgrade but order a fresh new server to install plesk 10 and waiting to transfert customer from others server to this one) but when you create a customer outside of the cbm you have the choice to lock it or not. May be it's possible to unlock it from the cbm ? Yes you may have a lot of job to resync everything with the cbm but may be save you some customers.

For IgoR, it's the only parallels member I saw active in the "Parallels Plesk Panel 10.x for Linux/UNIX Troubleshooting Issues ". So, I think I will install the WHMCS trial. Interesting point, it's may be easier to switch to other compatible web control panel after. I guess others panels couldn't have worst support.

With the release of new versions, some small bug I can understand them, but this is not just a bug, it's a dinosaur!
This situation is really inconceivable. Parallels is causing serious economic losses and not even deign to reply!

answer in my case by local head quarter:

my license doesn´t contain billing system
i own a 30 domain license - billing system only integrated in unlimited license

so it was only luck, that i could use billing system since 9.53 - now with 10.2 it´s over

@nucknuck

That's weird, I didn't see that anywhere and I have a unlimited license and have the same problem. Maybe because it's a vps version.
At installation, it mention that it's free... not "may be free in some cases".

And why did IgoR didn't mention that last week ?

no idea ...

i didn´t want to wait any longer ... so i contacted yesterday the german HQ and asked what can be done according this bug/issue

they contacted the american product manager and asked me today for my plesk license number
a few minutes later i got an answer that plesk billing is not part of a domain valued (10, 30, 100, ...) license

only available for free in unlimited license
if we have a look at end of the page (Complete) we will see it too

http://www.parallels.com/products/plesk/features/

so you may have really a bug, for me it seems to be a license issue - no idea what´s the truth

If it's a licensing issue, why did they let us install it? I can't remove it now, it seems stupid.

The installation page told me it was free, not that I would need an unlimited license. I expected to get a free product, not install it and find out I need to upgrade.

Nucknuck I think is right and it really is a licensing issue.
Reading your post I decided to give it a try.
I installed Plesk on a clean machine and I started a full license free for 15 days.
It works!

I remind everyone that:

1) Up to 10.1 CBS was free for all licenses.

2) Even now, even in the installer for version 10.2 is written: "Customer & Business Manager (free, recommended for shared hosting)"

3) Apr 8, 2011, 06:22 AM, IgorG (Parallels Team) says:
Can anybody submit detailed report as it is described in sticked thread?
and at Apr 8, 2011, 07:45 AM says:
Thank you. I have forwarded it to developers. Let's wait their answer.
then even he who works in Parallels is aware of the change of distribution policy.

4) Parallels is really cheating their customers forcing them to upgrade a license certainly not expected with this strategic deception.

I do not know about you, but to me this unexpected change, not reported, and cheat me is causing serious trouble and a huge economic loss. Parallels behaves exactly like the drug dealers in front of schools that give children candy, stuffed with drugs and then sell when they are employees. He had to specify: "Customer & Business Manager (temporarily free, recommended for shared hosting). Do not install on real working machines if you do not want to upgrade your license"

Well, this is really the straw that broke the camel's back. This initiative is far more serious than a giant bug. I is not into me taking the piss by Parallels, then this weekend are compelled to work overtime to all employees for the transition to all machines on the farm in cPanel.

**** Parallels

At any rate, this issue persists. I have a server that had CBM working on Plesk 10.1.1, upgraded to 10.2 and receives the same error. Setup is:

CentOS release 5.5 (Final)
Unlimited Domains key with PowerPack bundle.

All features outside of customer business manager work.

@ZbyszekL Seems we have similar unlimited keys, so the domain rated licensing issue should not affect us. However this is persistent across the Plesk 10.2 upgrades.

@Parallels...Everyone takes or gets a vacation, isn't there someone crosstrained in reading forums and updates other than Igor?

hehe ... just found an old thread about removing c&b manager ...

Could you please clarify a little bit why do you want to remove Business management from Plesk?

now i know an answer: it´s f****** useless for us at the moment or better for future (after using it for some weeks)

'Cause anyways parallels doesn't seems to read this thread, I found a interesting panel in interworx. Only problems I see is only for centOs and doesn't provide a free trial period but I think to order it at least for a month to try.

It's compatible with whmcs and have more feature than plesk (eg: load balancing, mysql cluster, more advance spam filtering, more customisation to apache, mysql etc..)

For my experience, I think that's enough for me. I started with plesk 6 couple years ago, and now just getting worst and worst. For plesk 10, the migration manager didn't work, try the "free migration support" form a couple of time without having a ticket number fowarded to me, I try to contact them via my plesk provider... last week... no answer yet. Since I'm already stuck with a plesk server that I need to import manually around 100 domains, it's maybe time to try something else than plesk...at least, with interworx, support is included on license rental !

Hello,

Sorry for not responding earlier, the problem has recently been raised to my attention and it took sometime to find its roots. First of all I have to apologize for this unfortunate case and all the inconvenience caused. The issue is a little complicated so let me explain:
1. We didn't mean to force all of you to purchase any additional key or something like that. The issue is basically a very unfortunate coincidence and miscommunication which I will explain below.
2. CBM is made free for Plesk Unlimited Hosting Suite key only. That's what is meant in Plesk Autoinstaller and the text will be fixed to reflect it better - other keys have no CBM included.
3. Versions prior to 10.2 had a bug letting to utilize CBM even if it is not included in the key. CBM 10.2 got it fixed. It is not a change of pricing policies or anything - those are completely defined by license key content, not by software. If you open its source you'll see that "mb_accounts" property is zero (no CBM allowed).

So though it wasn't intended, CBM was enabled for your keys too and thus got in use.

We see the problem now and our business department works on the solution. The details will be communicated a little later.

Until the solution is provided there may be the following options for you:
1) if you don't need to do anything in CBM for next few days, the easiest way would be to leave it as is. Your hosting features of Plesk will function independetly and soon the suggested solution will be communicated.
2) if you need to perform any operation in CBM, please download a trial unlimited key from parallels.com. It will make CBM enabled temporarily for next 14 days. You will have permanent solution by that time.
3) if you choose to leave CBM immediately, you can eliminate its integration with Plesk. See the recipe here - http://kb.odin.com/en/9327

Hope the explanation is not overdetailed, but we wanted to make the issue clear.

Thank you and hope to see you all among CBM users when the permanent solution is provided.

Regards

Last edited:
I have unlimited account and it doesn't work

I have a unlimited account, as far as i can see. SInce my upgrade to 10.2.0 my cbm gives the same problem and locks me out. I even have a 50users plesk billing 6.0 license which i don't use and i thought my plesk panel had all licenses. how can i fix this quickly. This stupid update blocks my access to cbm, which can't be true. is this the way paralllels upgrade? I also have trouble with sitebuilder since the start. Its not looking very professional at this time. Plz help me out quickly by getting cbm to work again. this will be the last time i just updated without testing, you get me into trouble.

Slow response BIG problem!

I have a perpetual 250 user modern bill license that I was told would work for the new billing system... When I found that the new integrated billing manager was available I was told that my 100 user Plesk licenses from 1 and 1 covered using the integrated version... And that I didn't need to worry about my old license for PleskBilling (aka ModernBill) So where does that leave me?

Very confused and irritated at all the interruptions to my business and at having paid money for things that I can't use now.

Hello,

Regarding Plesk Billing or ModernBill licenses issued for previous versions of the software -
- if you had Plesk Billing installed in so-called "bundled" mode together with Plesk 9 and owned Plesk Hosting Suite license (one license key for both Plesk and Billing), such license key shall be converted into new format during upgrade to Plesk 10 (of course, valid SUS is required) and you will be able to keep running CBM as before
- purchasers of standalone Plesk Billing 6 licenses (or any ModernBill 5 licenses), will need to contact their sales representative to obtain a license for Plesk 10 Customer and Business Manager (CBM). This is the same for all Plesk 10 versions and Plesk 10.2 doesn't change anything here.

There are unlimited Plesk key w/o CBM included. You can find both in Parallels Store. Unfortunately I cannot tell which kind you have and cannot tell what was included in the key from our partner. The actual availability of CBM in the license key can be easily validated by looking for "modernbill-accounts" property in the license key file. If it is available, you'll have it set to some non-zero specific value like "1000".

If urgent solution is required, you can download and install free trial from parallels.com as stated in my post above. It will let you run CBM w/o any limitations for next 14 days and by that time you should have a permanent solution from Parallels.

Regards

Great ... so I have to still to remove the C&B Manager at four servers and I have to think about how to manage my customers ...

And why? Because Parallels missed to INFORM us to avoid installing and using it without having a unlimited license.
There was only written the word FREE. For you it´easy to tell us now that it can´t be used any longer. But did you ever thought about the fact that we work with it? That we use it?

Hope you will work on the autoinstaller and you will remove it. Installed it with 9.5.4 - used it up to 10.1.1 and now ... I´m sitting here and have to change my usual way of managing my customers.

By the way ... I´m not satiesfied. Other problems I reported the last weeks aren´t fixed - oh... fixed by users and me, not not fixed by Parallels.

Honestly - can you tell me one really important reason why I should use Plesk anymore?
Update after update have erros - bugs reported are not fixed.

But we all pay for it - but we don´t get what we paid for.

Back