• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Customer and Business manager isn't working

same problem now with PLESK 10.3 (worked with 10.2)

Hi Sergey,

on April, 14 you wrote
3. Versions prior to 10.2 had a bug letting to utilize CBM even if it is not included in the key. CBM 10.2 got it fixed. It is not a change of pricing policies or anything - those are completely defined by license key content, not by software. If you open its source you'll see that "mb_accounts" property is zero (no CBM allowed).
some days later there is a statement .. some unlim. licences include CBM some not ... häää?!?

anyway

it seems I've got the right unlimeted license, because my CBM worked with PLESK 10.2.x ...
now I upgraded to version 10.3 and NOW I've got the message "Warning: You have exceeded the number of customer accounts ..." like Jan beherns and maybe some others ...

So it would be great to get a QUICK solution for this issue!!

thx in advance

Hi,

Same problem here, i didn't do any upgrade but just activate my first client and I got this :

Erreur de licensing You have exceeded the number of customer accounts you can have in the system. Please upgrade your license.
Infos sur la licence du Gestionnaire Clients & Activité commerciale
Version du Gestionnaire Clients & Activité commerciale 10.2.0
Licence Gestionnaire Clients & Activité commerciale 10.2.0 sous forme de pack avec le Panel
Nombre de comptes 0 / (Utilisé 1)
Renouvellements le Jamais (Le Gestionnaire Clients & Activité commerciale sous forme de pack est activé via votre licence Parallels Panel.)

The worst is that i can't do anything, all pages in CBM are locked with this message and i can't just turn off my activation...!

Please help.

CBM is not a free component and as I see in your license, limit of active customers is set to 0 for you.
To fix the issue please download trial license from Parallels site (http://www.parallels.com/products/plesk/trial/), install it and deactive the customer in CBM - set his status to inactive, for example. After that you can rollback your key.

How did you activate your customer? It seems to be a bug because this action must be blocked for you.
Do you use tool "Add to Business Manager" in Panel or do you use some other scenario?
Could you please provide me with steps to reproduce?

Oh ! I thought my license was valid, seeing that all options were available.
Plesk has been installed by OVH and since they send me my access, I'm able to use CDM (apparently fully) until the activation of a subscription.

I have had the same problem to. So far i have reinstalled and it’s still not working. Do we have a update on this issues please?

ATTENTION : Bait-and-switch while upgrading Plesk panel to ver 10.3.0

I don't get it ...have exactly the same problem like everybody else who upgraded to 10.3.0...i've tried to continue my upgrade to 10.3.1 but didn't let me because of some dependency ...well good enough, i said, and when i tried to log in as admin the login form was just looping...tried to login as a customer and the same result, no go ! than i had the idea of login through the virtuozzo panel and I was in ...from there went straight to Control Panel login and so I was able to access my admin area..BUT, i dont have access to my plesk from the webaddress:8443 as before , nor any of my clients..MORE PROBLEMS AHEAD, as usual as another member of this forum was saying,so when I 've tried to click on Customers under Business Operation, surprise surprise... :"Warning: You have exceeded the number of customer accounts you can have in the system. Please upgrade your license.
The license key is invalid. In order to use the Customer & Business Manager, please obtain and install a new valid license key. Contact Parallels sales representatives to obtain the proper license key." ....
Excuse me !, why in the version prior to the FATAL upgrade of Plesk Panel to version 10.3.0 , which everyone was assuming is gonna be for the good of the panel, maybe improvements in speed or graphic interface , everything WAS working in the Business Manager?? is that kinda BAIT AND SWITCH schema of defrauding us THE USERS ? IT WAS NO WARNING PRIOR TO THE UPGRADE that the business manager is no longer included in the license under which we operate...its like forcing something down our throats and then blaming us for opening our mouths..NOW how the heck i'm gonna explain my clients the fact that they cannot log in their panels?

You guys are getting us to the point where we gonna dump your panel for anything else but plesk.Lets see how u gonna stay in business if we dont use ur products anymore ?
We lose customers because of using your products , that's what is getting down to...Are we going do business with YOU,PLESK, or are we gonna go elsewhere?

what are my choices now ?

I have a similar problem. 100 domain license but the Customer & Business Manager license shows 0 accounts allowed.

Hello, turnpiece

CBM is a separate component which is not included into each Plesk Panel key.
Could you please clarify your case:
1. What version did you upgrade from?
2. What version did you upgrade to?
3. Did you use CBM before upgrade - how many customers/subscriptions did you have there?
4. You license key number and e-mail for contact.

Could you send me this info using private message since it contact sensitive information?
I'll try to help you to resolve the issue.

Same problem here...

Hi, I've the same promlem.
License = unlimited domains

Could you please contact me too?!

Kind regards

same problem with CBM

I have an unlimited domains plesk key, and CBM doesnt allow me to even create 1 account on the system

I'm working on migrating one of our servers to a 10.3.1 and this is simply not working, I've spent over 3 days documenting myself to understand the change from plesk 9 to plesk 10, and now i face this problem, this is very vexing, as I dont have all the time in the world to get the new server ready (and working) to migrate over 500 domains from the plesk 9 server.

from plesk:

Key number PLSK.0XXXXXXXX.0000
Next license key update Oct 23, 2011
Key expiration date Nov 2, 2011
The expiration date will be automatically extended on Oct 23, 2011. For the automatic update you must allow connections to ka.swsoft.com. For more information, refer to the following help topic.
User accounts (resellers and customers) Unlimited
Domains Unlimited
Domain aliases Unlimited
Mail accounts Unlimited
Web users Unlimited
Language packs 4
Available languages Any language

CBM says something about "0 / (0 used)" there, if for unlimited domains plesk keys, its free, why cant I use it?

--------------------------------------------------------------
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

Plesk Panel , 10.3.1 , CentOS 5 , 64bit

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION AND STEPS TO REPRODUCE

just working with customer and buisiness manager
tried to create an account

ACTUAL RESULT

error: You have exceeded the number of customer accounts you can have in the system. Please upgrade your license.

EXPECTED RESULT

several new customers should be added and activated

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

fresh installation of system (minimal) and with plesk autoinstaller yesterday in the afternoon
--------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Hello,

Customer & Business Manager is not a free component of Plesk Panel and it isn't included into Plesk Unlimited Domains license. To use it you need to purchase Plesk Hosting Suite license which includes 1000 customers in Business Manager.

If you've used Plesk Billing with your Plesk 9.x, you can contact your sales representative to check if it's possible to convert your old Plesk Billing license into new one.

Removed CBM, this is a total case of false advertising, you should clearly specify that "free ONLY IF YOU HAVE......" not he scam you are putting up on it, making webhosters waste a lot of time trying the software and slowing down the business.

false advertising is a HUGE cause for customer loss, you should reconsider your marketing tactics.

Me too: totally mislead!

I have the same problem, mislead by the lack of information about the lisence!

With great excitement I have spent hours trying the Business Manager and setting plans, and configuring the store website. Only when I tested the store which let me add a customer, did I reaslise that it was really really broken in short order (from not have a lisence I now understand!).

Don't waste your time on CMB unless you FIRST CHECK YOUR LISENCE says that you can add some customers!

Parallels: don't you make enough money on $75 support tickets already without making problems like this? You should be throwing this kind of system in for free to your faithful clients using your panel!

You should be throwing this kind of system in for free to your faithful clients using your panel!

It goes at no charge with "Parallels® Plesk Panel 10 – Hosting Suite – Unlimited Domains" license

Parallels® Plesk Panel 10 – Hosting Suite – Unlimited Domains
Includes Parallels Plesk Panel 10 (Unlimited Domains), Parallels Plesk Sitebuilder (100 Sites) and Parallels Plesk Billing (1,000 Clients) at no additional charge!

Other licenses don't have it included and will require separate purchase.

The confusing description has been fixed ~3 months ago and now can only be seen in old versions of the software.

Regards

Back