• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Customer and Business manager isn't working

I

ILXAndrew

Hi,

I've upgraded from Plesk 10.1.1 to 10.2, I also installed the Customer and Business manager. I added one customer, and it tells me I have exceeded my license key by one customer, this means I was allowed no customers to start with.

I have a license key for Plesk that allows me "unlimited customers and resellers" and 100 domains.

It's telling me to update my license key, I've tried this, and it tells me it's up-to-date.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thank you,
Andrew

same here, I upgraded since the version 10.1.1 couldn't sync domains from new customer and this issues supposed to be fixed in 10.2

find a *radical* way to fix the problem. Since I'm on my own hypervisor and isn't in production yet, I reinstall completly os and plesk with the 10.2 autoinstaller. Work fine with the same key. Since I wasn't able to use migration tool or backup convertion in 10.x I wouldn't sugest that for a server in production but...

One more X in the "fail list" of Plesk X

Can anybody submit detailed report as it is described in sticked thread?

@IgorG ...

--------------------------------------------------------------
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

Plesk Panel , 10.2 , Debian 6 , 64bit

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION AND STEPS TO REPRODUCE

just working with customer and buisiness manager
created a product, created a shop
ordered a product with a test customer
tried to activate customer

ACTUAL RESULT

error: You have exceeded the number of customer accounts you can have in the system. Please upgrade your license.
whole manager is blocked - no function available - only this message

EXPECTED RESULT

like before - new customers can be activated

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

fresh installation of system (minimal) and with plesk autoinstaller yesterday in the afternoon

And now - hope you won´t get angry - this is not a problem I / we can wait for many days.

Thank you. I have forwarded it to developers. Let's wait their answer.

As an addition here my config:

---------------------------------------------------------------
Plesk Panel, 10.2, CentOS 5.5, x64

Did a fresh install of the OS and Plesk 10.2 and then added the "Customer & Business Manager" through "Update".
Then I enter the "Customer & Business Manager" and select "Add new Customer".

ACTUAL RESULT
Error message telling me "Your License only allows 0 customers - please update" (Error message translate from german).

EXPECTED RESULT
The ability to add new customers

In "Customer & Business Manager" I can't update the license because it is managed by the Panel and the Panel tells me my license is up to date.
If I add a new customer using the shop and activate it I also get locked out of the complete manager.

For me this is a problem as I now need to create "Panel users" on my production server...

Sorry I just realize that fresh new install doesn't fix the problem. I forgot to "active" the customer

Plesk Panel, 10.2, Ubuntu server 10.04 64bits

Did a fresh install of the OS and Plesk 10.2 and then added the "Customer & Business Manager" through "Update".

ACTUAL RESULT
Licensing Error You have exceeded the number of customer accounts you can have in the system. Please upgrade your license.

EXPECTED RESULT

In "Customer & Business Manager" I can't update the license because it is managed by the Panel and the Panel tells me my license is up to date.

Yes I made a copy/paste, since the symptom are the same, only os change

Sorry I just realize that fresh new install doesn't fix the problem. I forgot to "active" the customer

Plesk Panel, 10.2, Ubuntu server 10.04 64bits

ACTUAL RESULT
Licensing Error You have exceeded the number of customer accounts you can have in the system. Please upgrade your license.

EXPECTED RESULT

Yes I made a copy/paste, since the symptom are the same, only os change

I would like to say the same above is applicable to me - I am running CentOS 5 instead of Ubuntu though.

Thank you IgorG for replying and forwarding this issue to the developers.

Hope it will be fixed very soon, because at the moment the system can ´t be used as wanted.
Three servers are waiting to be set online and to be used.

any update from parallels ? Should we just roll back and install a working version ? I'm may be look rude but come on, we currently pay twice the server we need waiting for migration on a software we're also paying AND doing beta testing for you. That's horrible marketing...

(or Microsoft)

Same problem

Same problem here...
I have valid licence and unlimited number of accounts...

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 43
Ok, it´s weekend and I don´t think anything will happen...

So let´s have a beer or two and sit together watching the panel and just hate it :)

I'm not particularly bothered by the problem, it's the response and reaction that's shocking.

I'm finding it very hard to find any reason why I should use the Plesk Customer and Business Manager. The responses from Parallels staff is slow, updates appear to take weeks and it looks like we might end up waiting until the end of next week for a fix to this issue.

If I were to use this software to manage domains and hosting, I would atleast expect a good level of support - at the moment I would have to pay $75 just to have this issue "discussed" with a Parallels support member.

I'm now using WHMCS, which I believe to be a far better product, at a relatively cheap price, with excellent support that has never let me down, fixes are typically done within 1 - 2 days, and the support team get back to me with a useful answer in less than 24 hours.

Instead of the Parallels development team working on new features, they should immediately cease development and work on the fix to this terrible problem. If I was using this in a real-time environment, with quite a few customers, any downtime such as this would leave me in a very bad position.

I had upgraded from Plesk 9.5 to 10.1.1 a few weeks ago. Ever since then, I have found it to be a disappointment, and to some extent, a downgrade in the functionality of Plesk.

I am not trying to sound rude, the Plesk panel is a wonderful product overall, and for me personally, it's a step or two ahead of cPanel.

@nucknuck
I whish isn't a "wait until next week" problem for parallels, Everybody in this thread, I guess, is losing time and money. Parallels may put a lot of web hosting business in jeopardy acting like that.

@ILXAndrew

Thanks for the sugestion. I was already looking for an alternative for billing. I also thinking of switching to cPanel too. I doesn't like the cPanel interface for customers as the Plesk one, but if it's working, it's a big +. I've been with Plesk since many years now, and it just getting more problem since plesk 8.

For support, I guess you rent your license from a "plesk partner". You can try to contact your provider and ask to follow up the support to Parallels for free, but, I start that 2 days ago without answer yet from Parallels.

I'm also experiencing the same issue after upgrading to 10.2. They just finished fixing my system after 2 months of work on it and they told me my last issues I was having would be solved by the developers when they released 10.2

Hah! well here I go again I guess... Months more with a system that I can't use and cant sell any packages..

I will try to reopen an old ticket on my ongoing saga regarding plesk 10 and see if they can get on it right away...

Back