• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Database server cannot be removed

You find an ID of entity that prevents you from deleting your database server. You have to find it in the interface and delete it there first.

Hi Igor,
not sure I completely understand. Here is what I have:

MariaDB [psa]> select * from databaseservers;
+----+-------------------+------+-------+----------------+-------------+------------------------------------------------------------+---------------+------------+---------+
| id | host | port | type | server_version | admin_login | admin_password | parameters_id | last_error | fork |
+----+-------------------+------+-------+----------------+-------------+------------------------------------------------------------+---------------+------------+---------+
| 3 | localhost | | mssql | 14.00.3192 | sa | $AES-128-CBC$MLXpbRBvpdIzAjhM3q1ifA$4V2oy5fxtafoD/T2jYyG6Q | NULL | no_error | NULL |
| 4 | localhost | 3306 | mysql | 10.3.17 | admin | $AES-128-CBC$rhyq12+KPc0ouP+DbM5ywQ$G2AA/I/slIOESFa8Ux9FTA | NULL | no_error | mariadb |
| 8 | .\MSSQLSERVER2019 | | mssql | 15.00.2070 | sa | $AES-128-CBC$LhHdGJGAk9O1UVdVI2qGFA$UFNxYR95GWFeZYQmj0QR5w | NULL | no_error | |
3 rows in set (0.001 sec)

mssql version 14.xx cannot be deleted from Plesk even though it has no databases anymore (migrated to 15.xx).
Do I simply delete the row where ID=3 then?

Franco

I get:

"Error: A database server cannot be deleted while there are databases or database users hosted on it. "

but of course there aren't any. However, I have still a few users assigned to that db ID 3. Shall I delete them first with a query (Plesk would not let me)?

If you really do not have entities in the Plesk interface with these IDs for some database or MySQL user, but somehow have orphaned records about them in the Plesk database, then you can delete them manually from the Plesk database. But it's better to find them in the Plesk interface first and delete them from there.

Indeed, it was due to some users left on the system; after having cleaned them up I could remove the db server, and directly from Plesk.
Resolved, thanks.
Franco

Back