• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Databases not listed in Plesk 11.5

Coen

New Pleskian
Our databases are created by our application. Unfortunately these databases are NOT listed in Plesk Panel 11.5 > Websites & Domains > Databases, only in phpMyAdmin.
How can we make Plesk "see" our databases as well? (We want to use backup & restore from Plesk instead of phpMyAdmin.) Is there some setting I have missed? Thanks!

Hello Coen,

It's because the respective database records don't exist in the Plesk "psa" database.

Hi Abdi,
Please tell me a bit more. I know Plesk a little bit but not the database part. What should I do to make the databases visible (and manageable) in Plesk? Do we have to add certain instructions in the code that creates the databases?

You can just dump your current databases and drop them after that. Then create corresponding databases through Plesk interface (in this case they will be visible in Plesk) and then restore dump of these databases.

I think I understand that. We could do that to our current databases. But our application keeps on creating new databases (new customers!). So we would like any database created by our application to be visible right away after creation. Do you know a way to do this automatically, at creation?

Back