• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved dovecot imap ssl - not working

can you tell me the 'official' Plesk position on Courier IMAP/POP3/SMTP service.
There is no such official position. These are two server programs for mail management. Dovecot is the newer one and for that reason preferred by many users.

I'm wondering if moving back to Courier will fix the problem?
I really don't know how to put it differently, but you are simply using the wrong SSL/hostname pairing or wrong access credentials on your devices. Please, give this more consideration. It does not help to keep searching for wild reasons because you do not like an answer. If Dovecot or Courier didn't work, then milllions of other users would experience the same. If there were any basic issues with SSL or mail retrieval on servers, then millions of other users woudl experience the same. But that is not the case. Very simple: Wrong configuration on your device.

-- Would it be better to remove/reinstall Dovecot?
What should the benefit be?

-- Is this 'cleaner' when done in Command Line?
No.
-- Is there a way to check if ports are blocked?
Let me Google that for you, e.g.

Thanks for your concise reply @Peter Debik . Just a few more points to clear up:
  • I am using the same (official) domain (NOT mail.mydomain.co.nz) on all devices.
  • I am using the same username/passwords on all devices (for my wife's account and mine. These settings have now enabled POP3 and SMTP service on devices that call for these settings. I still don't have IMAP or Webmail.
  • Webmail is still whingeing about wanting some sort of certificate.
  • Other services (SMTP and POP3) may periodically drop out. Keeping my fingers crossed at the moment.
  • New certificate has been issued in LetsEncrypt and applied to all services.
Hence my frustration...

@Peter Debik , I think the fact that Webmail (which uses IMAP I believe) can't log in because of a certificate issue is at the root of the problem. Just checked again and both Webmail and *Wildcard are secured with a valid certificate.

I'll be checking ports now. Thanks for this information.

Back