• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

FTP Backup Failure

NevilleM

New Pleskian
After I uploaded to Update #15, I started getting this error in the Backup Manager

Error:
Unable to rotate dump: The dump rotation is failed with code '151' at /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 1224.
Error:
Unable to upload dump to FTP, it remains in server repository and you can manually download and upload it to FTP. Upload diagnostic message: Repository error: Destination directory 'ftp://111.111.111.111//pleskbackup/' does not exist

Any ideas on how to resolve this please?

When I posted this message I was on #16 and was still having the same problem.

However it seems to be ok now- it looks like the #16 did the trick!

Thanks

Upgraded, still ran into problems. Rebooted the server, reset up the backup and it ran under a manual start. I'll know by tomorrow if it did it's job. Been having issues with backup file rotation, and also it's having problems with files on a certain domain account where it can't stat some cache files.

Moved to "multi volume" setting and it seems to be working better instead of trying to move over a 20GB file every night. I'm using 2GB files now. Backup is not 100%, it needs some serious work by Plesk Team.

@SpyderZ

It seems to be the case that you are running out of disk space, when making the backup of that specific domain.

Just increase the disk space by using a proper mount OR change the DUMP_D variable in /etc/psa/psa.conf to point to a directory with enough space (restart sw-cp-server afterwards).

Regards....

PS In order to check whether a proper mount is present for the default backup directory (i.e. /var/lib/psa/dumps), just run the "df -h" command from a command line and verify that enough disk space is available.

Thanks, I have five times disk space to 100GB to the 20GB backup tgz that is produced.

@SpyderZ

It seems to be the case that you are running out of disk space, when making the backup of that specific domain.

Just increase the disk space by using a proper mount OR change the DUMP_D variable in /etc/psa/psa.conf to point to a directory with enough space (restart sw-cp-server afterwards).

Regards....

PS In order to check whether a proper mount is present for the default backup directory (i.e. /var/lib/psa/dumps), just run the "df -h" command from a command line and verify that enough disk space is available.

@SpyderZ

Given your response, it is not likely that a backup would fill up disk space, but it can be the case that disk mounts are not proper (i.e. mostly, but not only tmpfs related issues).

What are the settings on the FTP side (since we can exclude safely that server-side issues are present)?

Back