• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Grafana & monitoring error (due to outdated PHP and operating system)

dvorakm

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 16.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hi, today i have error in monitoring after server upgrades grafana extension to version 1.3.5.
Problem is in the PHP version. Plesk use 7.3 but the new grafana extension needs 7.4.
How to solve this issue?

500 ParseError
syntax error, unexpected 'fn' (T_STRING), expecting :: (T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM)

Attachments

• graf1.JPG
    graf1.JPG
    142.6 KB · Views: 5
  • graf2.JPG
    graf2.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 5
Hi @dvorakm, sorry to read that you are experiencing issues with the Grafana extension. Extensions are continuously developed further. As PHP 7.3 has long reached end of life it is well possible that the old version is no longer supported. I see that you are still on Ubuntu 16, which is also not supported by Plesk, because was end of life a long time ago, and the Plesk version used is very old, too.
To solve these issues I recommend to spin-up a new server and migrate your installation to that new server using Plesk Migrator. There are many new features an security enhancements in newer Plesk versions and operating systems.

Hi @dvorakm, sorry to read that you are experiencing issues with the Grafana extension. Extensions are continuously developed further. As PHP 7.3 has long reached end of life it is well possible that the old version is no longer supported. I see that you are still on Ubuntu 16, which is also not supported by Plesk, because was end of life a long time ago, and the Plesk version used is very old, too.
To solve these issues I recommend to spin-up a new server and migrate your installation to that new server using Plesk Migrator. There are many new features an security enhancements in newer Plesk versions and operating systems.
I know the OS & Plesk is old.
I would rather be interested in why the extension is being updated when it is obviously clear that it will not work with the given version of PHP on which Plesk is running.
On website you have requirements for Grafana extension: Plesk with minimum version 18.0.14

You have good point there. We should also see however, that you are trying to keep an outdated installation running. The installation base does not fulfill the system requirements. Plesk is currently in the process of establishing PHP 8.x as the PHP version on that it is running. An old Plesk on a no longer supported operating system is guaranteed to create issues. But you have an option to simply migrate to a new operating system with a new Plesk.

You have good point there. We should also see however, that you are trying to keep an outdated installation running. The installation base does not fulfill the system requirements. Plesk is currently in the process of establishing PHP 8.x as the PHP version on that it is running. An old Plesk on a no longer supported operating system is guaranteed to create issues. But you have an option to simply migrate to a new operating system with a new Plesk.
I have more servers with Plesk. This server is for older PHP versions. Older projects can't be upgraded to newest version because customer don't wanted.
Is there any way to install an older version? The version 1.3.4 is working great. If i disable auto-update function the extension will be working ok.. But I can't find any solution where download older version and install manually.

I have more servers with Plesk. This server is for older PHP versions. Older projects can't be upgraded to newest version because customer don't wanted.
Is there any way to install an older version? The version 1.3.4 is working great. If i disable auto-update function the extension will be working ok.. But I can't find any solution where download older version and install manually.

I think this is an important observation.

In an ideal world all of our servers would be up to date but in the real world some customers don't want or, most likely, can´t afford the costs of redesign a website they've already paid for, so many companies are forced to maintain at least one "legacy" server, security risks and all considered.

Plesk is focus on upgrading their product to the latests technologies, as it should, but I think the existence of such legacy servers is often forgotten or simply glossed over. Not every solution should be upgrade, upgrade, upgrade.

It can be handled like that, but then the server administrator should also turn all updates off to maintain a status quo. This includes extensions. It won't be possible to update a part of a server only, because of the dependencies involved.

It can be handled like that, but then the server administrator should also turn all updates off to maintain a status quo. This includes extensions. It won't be possible to update a part of a server only, because of the dependencies involved.
Hi @Peter Debik. The friday release was fix only the PHP incompatible issue. Grafana cannot load the plugin "grafana-simple-json-backend-datasource". So monitoring plugin cannot load the graphs. When I open the grafana extension than show error with get "client_secret" variable in database. I tried other versions of grafana. Version 8.3.3 works before. Now it says for every version that it is incompatible API version.

Grafana server error:
lvl=eror msg="Could not start plugin" logger=plugin.manager pluginId=grafana-simple-json-backend-datasource err="Incompatible API version with plugin. Plugin version: 1, Client versions: [2]"

Grafana extension:
Failed to get the 'client_secret' parameter: A table must have a primary key, but none was found for table 'params'

Grafana authorize url (client_secret parameter missing): //modules/grafana/public/index.php/authorize?access_type=online&client_id=grafana_app&redirect_uri=%2Fmodules%2Fgrafana%2Fservice%2Flogin%2Fgeneric_oauth&response_type=code&scope=user%3Aemail&state=cwLEizzcJ_75l8VRtmoma7T1VqvvvVC_NYin0ob7CIo%3D

Back