• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Horde with Plesk Interface

Well Steve0 is there someing we can do to assist you with development, ie setup a project site, beta test etc

Not yet but getting close to needing some beta testers ... thanks for the offer ..

I would also be happy to beta test your skin/module it looks amazing!
Keep up the good work

is the beta test still running or is there a final release available

Wow I started off reading this thread pretty excited, since you were posting screen shots the beginning of August, so I'm paging through the post anticipating a result somewhere before now.

I know what it takes to push software out the door there are many things that we don't think of at the beginning. So this isn't a huge surprise that it isn't finished yet.

Where are you at now, and now that you are there and can look back and know what still needs to be done, how close to you at pushing this product out the door?

Miles

Excuse my ignorance but would it not have been better to just incorporate horde into the PLESK control panel, or at the very least do an iframe window inside of the plesk control panel? With the ladder atleast it would have only been adding a skin to the horde program and placing an iframe in the panel.

hmm -hang in there dude, i'm down for a copy.

also are there ANY skins for horde?

yeah i like that too but that's for squirrelmail and we're speaking of horde

although horde is quite an impressive projekt, i sometimes wish plesk had opted for squirrelmail. i used to offer it to my clients for years (pre-plesk) and although it was not very sophisticated, all clients got along with it.

after the switch to horde they come along too, but horde has some technicalities i get as an IT guy, but they are from a users perspective simply "wrong done" (that whole html posts as attachment thingy ("hey support, i've got an attachement, but where is it?").

anyway, steve0 - remember when i showed some scepticism about that project of yours? what's your answers 5 months after your announcement? isn't it time to give the source to the public, make a source forge project out of it? sure, making money with this project is a good idea, but for this, you should start delivering ;)

PAT

[edited typo]

WebMail Module Screen Shots

Just wanted to post some screen shots of the module itself, i know it is taking along time for this but am working on it as fast as possible and it is coming along ...

April 3rd
All screenshots removed .. product is released .. HordeSkinsPlus

This is the Plesk modules page with the webmail module installed.

This is the webmail general setup page, this configures server wide settings for horde, apps and skins.

This is the client management section which allows you to configure horde, apps and skins on a client bases or single domain bases.

Client section again, showing available domains of selected clients, clicking on a domain name will allow individual configuration of that domain.

Clicking on a client name in the client management section will take you to the configuration page for that client. These settings override the default server settings in general setup and affect all domains owned by this client except domains being individualy managed. i.e. you can setup a webmail portal using these settings, a custom login page can be used for all domains under a client with a drop down list of domain names on the login screen. (yahoo portal type sites) This can be configured for resellers. Each client can have thier own custom webmail setup, completely seperate from the default server setup.

Individual domain management, these settings override the server wide settings in general setup and client configuration settings. Every domain on the server can be setup with there own horde settings and skins.

Well i hope that gives you a better idea of whats on the horizon ... i'll post some more screen shots in a week or 2 ..

ok, that looks quite impressive. are you in contact with sw-soft so that it doesn't break with the next plesk version? if it takes you as long to adjust to such breakage as it did so far to create the whole beast you will get into trouble..

PAT

Originally posted by perler
ok, that looks quite impressive. are you in contact with sw-soft so that it doesn't break with the next plesk version? if it takes you as long to adjust to such breakage as it did so far to create the whole beast you will get into trouble..

PAT

Maintenance is hardly the same as developing something from scratch ..

What about those of us who do not need all the per client domain stuff,

alot of us just want the theme you designed origionally for it to be across the board for all customers

What about those of us who do not need all the per client domain stuff,
alot of us just want the theme you designed origionally for it to be across the board for all customers

Then you would simply use the general setup page which is for configuring horde apps and skins server wide, ( across the board for all customers). In other words all clients and all domains on the server use these configuration settings unless you manage them seperately through the client section.

Product released
HordeSkinsPlus

Back