• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Horde with Plesk Interface

No need to be sorry, I did not mean it to sound so badly. I've had a really rough long day. It is I that apologize for not choosing my words better.

I know how easy it is to not read an entire thread, but even on this page of the thread, Steve0 states "This is still being developed .. it is getting closer to completion everyday .. but is still a ways off yet .. going as fast as possible .. ", and already being in an irritated state of mind, I reacted with poorly chosen words.

I am sooo ready for this skin. I'm sure it will be fantastic.

Hi,

I know this is a nix forum, but will it work for windows ?

I'd be interested also! Looks really nice. Great job! Too bad Horde chose such a horendous skin as their default.

Just a quick update for everyone ....

We are still working hard on this project and are getting close to having something for beta testing. i'll post some more screen shots when we get a little closer.

Originally posted by steve0
I started doing this project for my own personal reasons, the fact is Horde was not giving me what i wanted. I have a few corporate clients that will not use horde because even though it does the same as say something like the Exchange webmail client it does not look as polished and thus they simply will not use it.
I have also fielded questions from customers, (customers that are new to webhosting), that are quite lost with all the differing interfaces and from my perspective it makes sence to have a more uniform look to the services i offer, thus cutting back on some of the calls and emails.
I have also become quite tired of making mods that i feel give me a more professional look that simply get overwritten by a plesk upgrade.
I have also read countless postes, (in other forums), of people not using horde simply because of the way it looks and opting for a much less robust webmail program because it looks like it does a better job.
I do not just offer webmail services through plesk to my clients, i have actually been using horde exclusively for over 2 years so i do see it from the perspective of the end user. IMHO Horde is by far one of the best webmail programs available.

I would agree, its solid and much faster on large mailfolders than squirrelmail, i have folders with upwards of 60000 emails in them and horde can handle it, only other webclient i found that didnt barf on large folders was openwebmail and horde other than its BUI "BuTT Ugly Interface" is a kick *** mail client.

http://www.kde-look.org/
The icons used in the screen shots are mostly GPL'ed some are plesks, please remember that the screen shots were taken from something that i use myself and was not intended to be sold as is. I simply wanted to see if there was any interest.
Obvoiusly the final product will have completely original icons and look much better than the screen shots, even though i do believe using GPL'ed icons is acceptable i won't be using them.

You can use the kde icons and would encourage you to do so as they are the nicest ones i have seen, unless you have something that looks better. could also use crystal's set that he sells which is where the kde ones are from IIRC.
I have done the same with the same icon sets and am also interested in using your themes even though i have gone through the more than painful process of manually switching out horde's icons for kde's icons. Actually im wanting to build kolab on plesk to give exchange functionality but lack the time to get things rolling. I have gone through though and saved all of the icons in a folder with the correct directory structure so i can just copy it back over when the next plesk upgrade breaks everything. Of course i will have to focus on horde after i fix whatever else plesk breaks during my upgrade which basically break lots of stuff everytjime it seems.

Looking forward to you finishing this and for anyone who just wants the icons i will happily zip up what i have done and email them to anyone who is interested. here is a screenshot of what my version of horde looks like. This is running on plesk 7.54 on Debian Sarge so you may have to drop them someplace other than where mine fall but i have them from the top of the horde tree so it shouldnt be an issue, your mileage may vary though.

here is a screenshot of the icon set i modified.
http://www.pervasivenetwerks.com/images/hordescreenshot.jpg

I am so interested with your new project, and I wish you get it over soon, and we can use it soon!

I use Horde with a company with 50 employee and I have got allot of complains from them because of the interface and some message composing problems, like when they write a message with the HTML format, the message never deliver in the right form! The receiver gets it very messy. So they tried to make the format on Microsoft Word and still the same problem!
I hope you can make new ideas with the rich text format, try to make it simple like Gmail and effective.

Thanks

Been watching this tread for months and decided to add my encouragement.

I'm eagerly awaiting this release and would like to be able to give it to my clients as an Xmas present.

On the oher hand, I'd rather it be "right" than "soon" so that it doesn't add to support and upgrade issues.

I've been keeping my eye on this too. I would certainly buy a license and install it on my server. I have clients that use webmail quite a bit and this would make their experience much more user friendly.

David

quite frankly, projects (of that rather small magnitude) that don't lift of some weeks after the announcement never really do. it's usually a one man project and the man lost interest, has better things to do with his spare time, no reason to blame him. but we should get over with it and do it on our own if we really want this..

PAT

AFAIK he is still working on it, or at least hasn't said otherwise.

Originally posted by perler
quite frankly, projects (of that rather small magnitude) that don't lift of some weeks after the announcement never really do. it's usually a one man project and the man lost interest, has better things to do with his spare time, no reason to blame him. but we should get over with it and do it on our own if we really want this..

PAT

I am still working on this project, i have not stoped or given up, i will not stop until the project is completed and when i release it it will not be bugy it will simply work.

... It is not a small project by any stretch of the imagination as it is not just a skin for Horde, it is also a complete management module for Horde that allows you to manage just about everything through the plesk admin panel.

Sorry if i'm taking along time but you will understand when you see it. I do promise you all one thing though, if i decided to stop working on this i will post it here, but as i said before - stoping this project will never happen, it's being built period.

Back