• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How many people upgraded to 8.4 without issues ..

Minor Issue With POP3 Mail and Short Username

Hi,

I just updated 2 servers from 8.2 to 8.4. Everything seems to work fine except for the following:

When fetching mail from POP3 mailboxes the client mail program must login login with the full username. The short username worked in 8.2 and now Plesk does not seem to recognize it. Example: "[email protected]" must be entered. "username" will not be recognized even if the domain is stated separately in the login.

The only other trouble seems to still be a mystery, which is the reason for my visit to this forum. Right after the Plesk update a hosted client asked how to enable Domainkeys when sending mail. So far I have found a few references to Domainkeys, but nobody seems to know exactly how 8.4 supports Domainkeys or where to set this up in Plesk.

Rob Harris
http://ashopcart.com
http://ashopsoftware.com
http://ashopwebhosting.com

I did 8.3->8.4 on debian

@rob
there is such config option in server/mail

also domainkeys work fine for me. you have to enable it in each domain/mail menu. you can do so also with group editing from domains list

Hello i am one of the lucky ! All but all upgrades since 7.5.4 was a small disaster except this one. For sure i am not advising this upgrade (because of my previous experience) for at lease one month of the release date.

:)

i did the update on a Suse 10.2 and on my Box for example the AWSTATS is broken but i do not have the Mail issue with long / full name and Domainkey signing works for me. However i will wait with the update on my other Servers until the known issues Bugs are fixed...

Brujo

Upgrade went fine for me on freebsd5.5 , had a few issues where the installer failed but it was not anything more than portupgrade failing and needing to upgrade some other ports as well and continue the installer. The only thing I have noticed this far is that If I select "Use DomainKeys spam protection system to sign outgoing e-mail messages" for any single domain then all mail sent from clients is rejected by the server with 'dd51-domainkeys' not PASS .. failure: handlers_permanentfail/

Thanks for the replies . I upgraded without any issues at all .. The e-mail is still working 100 also .. Thanks people ..

anybody who upgraded on CentOS5 with suPHP or just Centos?

All but Application Vault working fine

I have upgrade a couple of days ago and everything seems fine apart from the application vault. When trying to install an application and the sub-category Portals is selected it just hangs with the message loading but no products appear for installation selection.

Everything seems to be working fine so far for me.

8.3.0 > 8.4.0 on FC6

Only done one server so far, waiting a few days to see if anything crops up before I do more.

DomainKeys rejects mail from GMail and Yahoo

I've just disabled DomainKeys as it is rejecting email from GMAIL and Yahoo address and then send rejection messages, even if that address is included in white list. DO NOT INSTALL THE DOMAIN KEYS - THEY DON'T WORK. This upgrade to 8.4 has serious issues - infact 0- don't even install 8.4 until the russians get it sorted.

Don't use DomainKeys to reject incoming email. The proportion of people signing their email with DomainKeys is minuscule. (including major e-commerce sites, banks, government agencies) Most don't even bother to publish SPF records for their domain names.

DomainKeys works perfectly fine for signing outgoing email.

Domain Keys are OFF

Don't use DomainKeys to reject incoming email. The proportion of people signing their email with DomainKeys is minuscule. (including major e-commerce sites, banks, government agencies) Most don't even bother to publish SPF records for their domain names.

DomainKeys works perfectly fine for signing outgoing email.

I have turned them off. The issue is far wider. All email accounts with a redirect or mail group are generating multiple loop messages, Dr. Web is generating errors (in log). In one hour last night more than 3000 email notice messages were created from Dr Web and SpamAssassin.

Domain Keys writes the key, but it is doing something to the redirects (check your maillog) /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog. The new qmail is all integrated so the issues are all related.

anybody who upgraded on CentOS5 with suPHP or just Centos?

Running CentOS5 and upgraded from 8.3 to 8.4 this morning.
Had a small issue with BIND not starting up but otherwise it "appears" fine for me.

Jon

Domain Keys writes the key, but it is doing something to the redirects (check your maillog) /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog. The new qmail is all integrated so the issues are all related.

I know redirects to external domains are broken. I didn't know the issue was related to DomainKeys.

SpamAssassin failing

The other issue I am having is with SpamAssassin stopping. Not sure why, but have rebuilt all mailboxes with spam, but nothing. Any ideas from anyone.

I upgraded 21 Centos5 64 bit 2 Centos4 i386 machines.

Only had problems on the i386 machines with plesk not seeing the OS Sources repos - pretty minor, but the upgrade itself went smoothly (albeit slowly).

No problems. Fedora Core 4. I already had my e-mail system make users type full e-mail addresses as user names for security reasons so upgrade was flawless.

Back