• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to block a outgoing emails destiny? [solved]

hardbrasil

Regular Pleskian
Hello fellas, i know this is unusual, but i have a customer hosted on vps that, probably your machine is infected or wherever...

him email account send a lot of emails to a specific gmail account, a lot of spam all day.
and of course gmail block this and become on my mta pool.

i already talked with the customer, suggest him to pass a antivirus into him computer, but he still sending spam

is possible to block a outgoing msg for a specific email account on Plesk?

i am using postfix / plesk 12.5 latest v.

regards!

Hi hardbrasil,

the Plesk Knowledge-Base has a lot of usefull solutions and suggestions, as for example:

Based on the informations from this article, you could now switch to Qmail wiki ( http://www.qmailwiki.org/Qmail-control-files ) and search for related control - files for Qmail and will find:

Now these informations are for Qmail - users and to achieve the very same goal for postfix, you could do:

1. Create a file "/etc/postfix/recipient"
    1. The file can be stuffed with definitions as for example:
  2. Edit your "/etc/postfix/main.cf"
    1. Search for "smtpd_recipient_restrictions =" and add there:
      smtpd_recipient_restrictions = check_recipient_access hash:/etc/postfix/recipient, permit_mynetworks, ...
  3. Restart postfix and try to send a test - eMail to the defined spam-receiver - eMail - adresses and check your mail - logs for the results.
  4. Consider to use:
    Code:
    postmap /etc/postfix/recipient
    ... if you experince issues with the hash - file creation.

Unfortunately, these settings are not restricted to a specific eMail - adress on your server, but for all senders.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi UFHH01,
unfortunately doesn't work, my customers was unable to send messages.

round cube show this:

Erro SMTP (451): Falha ao adicionar o destinatário "email@domain" (4.3.5 <email@domain>: Recipient address rejected: Server configuration error).

Hi hardbrasil,

I'm a bit confused now....
unfortunately doesn't work
on the other hand you stated:
Recipient address rejected: Server configuration error

So that's the expected behaviour, if the customer now wants to send an eMail to a denied recipient in your list at "/etc/postfix/recipient", but you still say "unfortunately doesn't work". Could you please explain in more detail "what doesn't work", if the suggestion should not deny any sender - activities to the list at "/etc/postfix/recipient" ?

Reactions: abi
hello, i explain...

every message that user try to send he got this msg above.
i dont know why but this blocked all senders.

Hi hardbrasil,

could you please post the whole line from "smtpd_recipient_restrictions = ..."

Is any other eMail - adress affected since you changed the configuration?
Did maybe Fail2Ban interfears by blocking the IP from your customer?

I recommend not only to inspect the mail - log, but as well Fail2Ban - logs, to investigate, why the above suggestion reacts in a unwanted behaviour.

Hi UFHH01,

this change affect all emails (from all customers) regarding that we are changing a global setting.
fail2ban is disable, its not work well with more than 100 domains...

here is:
smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, permit_sasl_authenticated, reject_unauth_destination (default)

Hi hardbrasil,

did you consider to add the additional "check_recipient_access hash:/etc/postfix/recipient" at the END, instead of the beginning. to avoid the termination of the process after the first definition?
Please consider as well to use the command:

postmap /etc/postfix/recipient

... to be sure, that the hash - file has been created.​

Back