• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved How to set Sender Name for mails sent via RoundCube

anuanu

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22
Plesk version and microupdate number
Obsidian
Hi there,

I have managed to create email addresses ( and corresponding users) and everything is working fine(emails are sent and received) but I have noticed that the name doesn't show up on the recipient side when I send an email from Roundcube webmail. It shows up as undefined.( My recipient was gmail) It seems very unprofessional and untrustworthy. So how do we fix it ?

Thanks!

In Roundcube: Settings > Identities > Choose identity > Display name

But on recipient side it can also be an issue with their address book.

thanks Peter. I tried searching for the setting but can't find Roundcube settings at all.
I searched "Mails" , "Extensions" , "Tools & Settings" in the side menu. Pls can you share how to get to these settings you mentioned earlier ?

A follow up, I noticed that roundCube by default allows creating multiple identities. Can that be restricted to only one identity as I wouldn't want my team to create multiple identities and stick to the email that they have been provided. Thanks in advance!

You're looking for the $config[‘identities_level’] variable in the Roundcube configuration file /usr/share/psa-roundcube/config/config.inc.php. It can have these values:
  • 0 – many identities, allow edit of all parameters
  • 1 – many identities, allow edit of all parameters, but prohibit editing email address
  • 2 – one identity, allow edit of all parameters
  • 3 – one identity, allow edit lf all parameters, but prohibit editing email address
  • 4 – one identity, allow to edit signature only
Example: Add this line to /usr/share/psa-roundcube/config/config.inc.php
$config['identities_level'] = 2
and save the file. The setting should take effect immediately. No service restart needed.

tion file /usr/share/p
You're looking for the $config[‘identities_level’] variable in the Roundcube configuration file /usr/share/psa-roundcube/config/config.inc.php. It can have these values:
  • 0 – many identities, allow edit of all parameters
  • 1 – many identities, allow edit of all parameters, but prohibit editing email address
  • 2 – one identity, allow edit of all parameters
  • 3 – one identity, allow edit lf all parameters, but prohibit editing email address
  • 4 – one identity, allow to edit signature only
Example: Add this line to /usr/share/psa-roundcube/config/config.inc.php
$config['identities_level'] = 2
and save the file. The setting should take effect immediately. No service restart needed.
it worked, Thank you again!

Back