• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Resolved How to set Sender Name for mails sent via RoundCube

anuanu

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22
Plesk version and microupdate number
Obsidian
Hi there,

I have managed to create email addresses ( and corresponding users) and everything is working fine(emails are sent and received) but I have noticed that the name doesn't show up on the recipient side when I send an email from Roundcube webmail. It shows up as undefined.( My recipient was gmail) It seems very unprofessional and untrustworthy. So how do we fix it ?

Thanks!

In Roundcube: Settings > Identities > Choose identity > Display name

But on recipient side it can also be an issue with their address book.

thanks Peter. I tried searching for the setting but can't find Roundcube settings at all.
I searched "Mails" , "Extensions" , "Tools & Settings" in the side menu. Pls can you share how to get to these settings you mentioned earlier ?

A follow up, I noticed that roundCube by default allows creating multiple identities. Can that be restricted to only one identity as I wouldn't want my team to create multiple identities and stick to the email that they have been provided. Thanks in advance!

You're looking for the $config[‘identities_level’] variable in the Roundcube configuration file /usr/share/psa-roundcube/config/config.inc.php. It can have these values:
  • 0 – many identities, allow edit of all parameters
  • 1 – many identities, allow edit of all parameters, but prohibit editing email address
  • 2 – one identity, allow edit of all parameters
  • 3 – one identity, allow edit lf all parameters, but prohibit editing email address
  • 4 – one identity, allow to edit signature only
Example: Add this line to /usr/share/psa-roundcube/config/config.inc.php
$config['identities_level'] = 2
and save the file. The setting should take effect immediately. No service restart needed.

tion file /usr/share/p
You're looking for the $config[‘identities_level’] variable in the Roundcube configuration file /usr/share/psa-roundcube/config/config.inc.php. It can have these values:
  • 0 – many identities, allow edit of all parameters
  • 1 – many identities, allow edit of all parameters, but prohibit editing email address
  • 2 – one identity, allow edit of all parameters
  • 3 – one identity, allow edit lf all parameters, but prohibit editing email address
  • 4 – one identity, allow to edit signature only
Example: Add this line to /usr/share/psa-roundcube/config/config.inc.php
$config['identities_level'] = 2
and save the file. The setting should take effect immediately. No service restart needed.
it worked, Thank you again!

Back