• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved How to update PHP from 7.1 to 7.2.

Zoo3

Regular Pleskian
I am thinking about updating PHP7.1 to 7.2 soon. I tried enable PHP7.2 on Plesk and running the application. Then it did not work normally.
Nextcloud is the main application, but if it is PHP7.2 "login process" can not be done. It is not recorded as an error in the server or Nextcloud.

Nextcloud needs APCu, so I installed apcu with pecl in php7.2 environment. And php.ini of PHP7.2 editing, php setting of website setting also set with PHP7.2. What other processes should I do to move to PHP7.2?

Do I need to disable PHP7.1 from Plesk? There seems to be an update of php7.2 in the remi-php7.2 of the remi repository. Should I update PHP 7.2 components with yum? When updating, will PHP7.1 components be overwritten by PHP7.2? *I still want to leave PHP7.1 as a spare.

I am using nginx. In PHP7.2, have nginx.conf and php-fpm format changed?

---
CentOS 7.5 / nginx 1.13.8

When running multiple websites in PLESK, is there a problem if there are different PHP versions? Should I have the same PHP version on all websites? All my sites are PHP 7.1, but this time I introduced only one PHP 7.2 in the test.

There is no need to install other versions of php from third-party repositories like remi or anything else. Plesk comes with its own built-in versions of php 7.1, 7.2 and even 7.3. You can just install them from the Plesk installer and then select the version of php you need in your site settings.
Each of your sites can work with its own version of php, regardless of other sites.
Thus, install php 7.2 via Plesk installer, then set this version of php in your site settings. You do not need to customize anything.
Installing PHP

I found that the cause is in Redis. I specified session.save_path of each version of PHP.ini(tools&settings/php settings/PHP VERSION/php.ini) as Redis("tcp://127.0.0.1:6379?auth=XXX"). Not "/var/lib/php/session".
I started working normally by specifying it as "/var/lib/php/session". When I subsequently return to Redis, NextCloud will not work properly in PHP 7.2 again. I executed the FLUSHDB or FLUSHALL command on Redis and cleared the cache. But with Redis NC does not work. Of course I also restart Redis.

How can I migrate from PHP 7.1 to 7.2 using Redis?

How can I migrate from PHP 7.1 to 7.2 using Redis?
Not sure what do you mean "migrate using Redis", but PHP 7.1 and PHP 7.2 shipped with Plesk have package for working with Redis: plesk-php71-redis and plesk-php72-redis

For example:

# rpm -qi plesk-php71-redis
Name : plesk-php71-redis
Version : 3.0.0
Release : centos7.18020211
Architecture: x86_64
Install Date: Mon 24 Dec 2018 05:22:26 AM NOVT
Group : Development/Languages
Size : 452019
License : PHP
Signature : DSA/SHA1, Fri 07 Dec 2018 11:17:13 AM NOVT, Key ID bd11a6aa914bdf7e
Source RPM : plesk-php71-redis-3.0.0-centos7.18020211.src.rpm
Build Date : Fri 02 Feb 2018 10:53:07 AM NOVT
Build Host : bcos7x64.plesk.ru
Relocations : (not relocatable)
Packager : Plesk <[email protected]>
Vendor : Plesk
Summary : PHP extension for interfacing with Redis
Description :
This extension allows php applications to communicate with the Redis
persistent key-value store. The php-redis module provides an easy object
oriented interface.

Very sorry. It was my simple mistake. I have not changed the item of "session.save_handler".
I set it for redis and worked on 7.2.

Thank you.

Back