• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Levels of protection, Anti Virus

vincheesel

New Pleskian
Hi all,

Are there any supported AV's that support file scanning as opposed to just scanning emails?

Its mainly a preventative measure to know if a site is hacked etc.

I would be interested to know how other techs ensure that their shared server remains safe (apart from keeping their patches up to date)
I just want another level of protection.

We monitor our server with Nagios (NRPE) however it wont warn me if there are risks present..

I tried googling and checking the forum, couldn't find anything regarding this.

Looking forward to hearing some responses.

Thanks,

Ray

Plesk never been specifically tested for compatibility with a variety of AV software. But we saw different AV programs installed on customer's Plesk servers - ClamAV, for example, allow you to scan your filesystem.
Not sure, but I think that such type of antiviruses activity may affect common server performance.

Also look at this article - http://kb.parallels.com/114620 It may be useful, I think.

Back