• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

linking issue

S

Stryke

Hello!

From a page on my site, I try to create a link to another website. I use the Insert/Edit Link command button to do this.

However, the supposed link that I have created is not working. On mouseover, it says: javascript:void(0);/*1219899999*/ instead of the URL that it is supposed to point to.

Can anyone please help me resolve this problem? I really need to create those outgoing links.

Thanks ahead! :)

What happened to the quick responses I got from this forum a couple of days ago?

Anyone not interested in helping me with the hyperlinking issue I am currently facing?

I really have no option but to seek assistance from people in this forum. After all, I understand this is the place for people to run to when they have problems regarding the use of Sitebuilder.

Could you please provide me with the link which you are trying to use? Do you have 4.2.3 version installed? Also, provide me with exactly steps which you perform so I could check the same situation on my test server.

Hi there, Dmitry! Thanks for responding.

Okay, here's the story:

1. I have Sitebuilder version 4.0.0 currently installed on my PC. I got this from Hostgator;
2. I typed text (my anchor text) on a page in my website in edit mode;
3. I highlighted the two words that I intended to use as the anchor text for my hyperlink;
4. I clicked on the Insert/Edit Link button on the SB WYSIWYG interface;
5. Then in the Link window I have this selected in the given fields:

Link type: URL
Protocol: http://
URL: the URL of the website I wanted the anchor text to point to

6. I did not enter any information in the Target and Advanced tabs;
7. After clicking OK, the anchor text indeed turned blue and clickable indicating that it has become a hyperlink;
8. However, when clicked on it, nothing happened;
9. And when I hold the mouse over the hyperlink, instead of seeing the URL that I entered in the URL field as indicated
in no. 5 above in the lower left portion of my browser window, I see this: javascript:void(0);/*1219899999*/.

That is my problem. I hope you can help me resolve it, Dmitry. I really need to have the hyperlinks working.

Thanks ahead!

Thanks' for the update. I got it and actually could reproduce this situation on latest 4.2.3 version. It seems there is an issue in WYSIWYG or something. Anyway, I passed this situation to developers for correction.
For now, I can suggest following workaround: After you inserted the link, save modifications and make this operation one more time, select text, click on Insert/Edit link and update URL field with URL which you need. After that, save changes one more time and link should work correctly. Just make linking operation twice. It should help.
Try it and let me know how everything goes.

Just an update for this case, in new 4.5 version WYSIWYG was updated and this issue is resolved completely there. So consider upgrading to newest version.

Hi Dmitry,

I have Sitebuilder 4.2 version and am experiencing the same problem but only with internal links. I have tried the workaround method by repeating the process twice and it still doesn't work. Can you please advise me how to fix the problem or, if all else fails, provide a detailed way of how to backup my current version and upgrade to the 4.5 version.

Cheers
Donna

I had the exact same problem and found that I couldn't edit by website as I was using Mozilla Firefox. Try using Internet Explorer instead.

Back