• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Logrotate Problems

daanse

Regular Pleskian
Hi,

Getting following Emails every day:

Subject: Cron <root@x> test -x /usr/sbin/anacron || ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.daily )
/etc/cron.daily/logrotate:
gzip: stdin: file size changed while zipping

Every Week:
Subject: Cron <root@x> test -x /usr/sbin/anacron || ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.daily )
/etc/cron.daily/drweb-update:
ERROR: Dr.Web Updater: failed to download files !
run-parts: /etc/cron.daily/drweb-update exited with return code 109

And Sometimes:
Cron <root@x> [ -x /usr/lib/php5/sessionclean ] && /usr/lib/php5/sessionclean
find: `/proc/25257/fd': No such file or directory

But only on one Server, not from others.
And i saw already another Post in Forum with the dev NULL thing but it didn't look like a Solution.
And yes, Emails would stop but why does they come? For me it seems, that Cron has some fails somehow.
Would be great to have a Solution with that.

My System:
Debian 8.5
latest Plesk 12.5

Hi daanse,

Getting following Emails every day:

/etc/cron.daily/logrotate:
gzip: stdin: file size changed while zipping
This is just a warning, nothing more. Logrotate recognizes the file size changing and informs about it.

Every Week:
/etc/cron.daily/drweb-update:
ERROR: Dr.Web Updater: failed to download files !
run-parts: /etc/cron.daily/drweb-update exited with return code 109
In some cases, the DrWeb update didn't finish as expected. Due to the case, that you wrote "Every Week" and the cronjob is done 7 days a week, you can safely ignore this report, because DrWeb was successfully updated the day before, if ther was no error. To manually update DrWeb, consider to run the command "/opt/drweb/update.pl".

And Sometimes:
Cron <root@x> [ -x /usr/lib/php5/sessionclean ] && /usr/lib/php5/sessionclean
find: `/proc/25257/fd': No such file or directory
During the session - clean - operation ( done every hour, each day ), there was a file/folder found, which didn't exist anymore, when the very same operation tried to delete it. Due to the fact, that the operation FIRST lists the actually php - sessions and AFTERWARDS deletes it, it might be the case that the listed php - session has already been regulary closed and the deletion - process didn't find the initial listed file/folder.

As you can see, all three situations, where you are informed about the results ( in case of issues/failures/warnings ), are nothing to be concerned about. :)
The solution to add "2>/dev/null" to some cronjobs is reasonable, to avoid eMails with pretty useless informations... but it's up to you... YOU choose! :D

Nice, thank you!
This explain a lot to me. It was not clear for me on other Threads.
:) I'll consider to add the String.

I did not have those sessionclean errors until recently, now I get those several times a day.
Must have happened since the last Plesk or PHP update, dunno... but it does not appear to create any problems.

Back