• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mail Group disabled using mail command

Antonio CarlosR

New Pleskian
Guys,

I'm using this command to create my forwards:

Code:
/usr/local/psa/bin/mail --update [email][email protected][/email] -forwarding-addresses add:[email protected]

It works, but they are all disabled in panel. I need to know if there is a command line to enabled it or will I have to go to every single box in panel and click "Switch on mail forwarding"?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Antonio,
If its not answered in: /usr/local/psa/bin/mail --help then its not possible ..

Antonio,

It is not. I was hoping it could be in another tool, because names are a little different, almost conflicting (forwarding and mail group).

But thanks for your answer, Abdi. :)

There is another function missing from this command: turning on/off spamfilter for the mailbox, like you can do for antivirus. The problem is that I'm mass migrating a lot of domains from my current Debian server, manually managed, to an Ubuntu, with Plesk Panel and it would be a pain to edit one-by-one all mailboxes. Do you know any other way of automating this kind of task in Plesk Panel?

Edit: spam is in another tool:

Code:
/usr/local/psa/bin/spamassassin -u [email protected] -status true -action move

Last edited:
Enabling Mail Forwarding via CLI

(Even the post is very old, it was the first entry at Google for my problem)

Antonio,

Yes, it is! "-forwarding true" is the right parameter to be passed, like e.g.:

/usr/local/psa/bin/mail --update [email protected] -forwarding-addresses add:[email protected] -forwarding true

Greetings, Julian

Back