1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Mail Group disabled using mail command

Discussion in 'Plesk 11.x for Linux' started by Antonio CarlosR, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Antonio CarlosR

Antonio CarlosR New Pleskian

85%
    Guys,

I'm using this command to create my forwards:

Code:
    /usr/local/psa/bin/mail --update [email]name@domain.com[/email] -forwarding-addresses add:othername@domain.com

It works, but they are all disabled in panel. I need to know if there is a command line to enabled it or will I have to go to every single box in panel and click "Switch on mail forwarding"?

Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  2. abdi

abdi Platinum Pleskian

18%
    Antonio,
    If its not answered in: /usr/local/psa/bin/mail --help then its not possible ..

3. Antonio CarlosR

85%
    It is not. I was hoping it could be in another tool, because names are a little different, almost conflicting (forwarding and mail group).

But thanks for your answer, Abdi. :)

4. Antonio CarlosR

85%
    There is another function missing from this command: turning on/off spamfilter for the mailbox, like you can do for antivirus. The problem is that I'm mass migrating a lot of domains from my current Debian server, manually managed, to an Ubuntu, with Plesk Panel and it would be a pain to edit one-by-one all mailboxes. Do you know any other way of automating this kind of task in Plesk Panel?

Edit: spam is in another tool:

Code:
    /usr/local/psa/bin/spamassassin -u user@domain.com -status true -action move

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  5. JulianRichter

JulianRichter New Pleskian

Enabling Mail Forwarding via CLI

(Even the post is very old, it was the first entry at Google for my problem)

Yes, it is! "-forwarding true" is the right parameter to be passed, like e.g.:

/usr/local/psa/bin/mail --update hello@world.com -forwarding-addresses add:some@what.com -forwarding true

Greetings, Julian