• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mail server problems

Lenvanessen

New Pleskian
Hello,

I'm always experiencing problems with the plesk mail server, and every time it's the smtp server.

Can anyone tell me what the correct settings are? I'm running the most recent version of plesk.
But no mail client can autodetect the settings, and i've tried a lot of difforent ports and authentication settings but nothing seems to work for me.

Anyone have any ideas?

Ps. what should the correct settings be? and is your email adress your login name?

You have not told us the problems you experience with SMTP. And about
what should the correct settings be? and is your email adress your login name?
Yes that can be the case if that is what you set in Tools & Settings -> Mail Server Settings

Smtp

Hello,

I can't connect to it from thunderbird, outlook or any mail client. Webmail works fine.
I'm also experiencing the same problem with imap, i can't connect to it.

Hello all,

It was my ISP that blocked port 25. I've added port 2025 to postfix listeners and now it works.
Thanks

Unless your ISP is also blocking port 587, which would be very rare, you should simply turn on "Enable submission" under the mail server settings in Plesk; that will enable listening on 587 which you can use instead of 25.

The reason you should do this is not only because 587 is a standard, but from one version of Plesk to the next, Parallels has been known to change the parameters associated with smtp listeners so you may end up upgrading at some point and your mail service stops working correctly, whereas if you're using their supported alternate port enabled by Plesk, it will update the associated config.

Back