• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Move Domains between Subscriptions

J

Jonathan Spence

Hi guys,
When upgrading from Plesk 9 I don't think I went through the upgrade wizard properly and rather than having multiple domains in the same subscription (like having multiple domains for a client in Plesk 9) I have a subscription for every domain! How do I make a master subscription and then manually move the domains from other subscriptions into that?

OK I checked out that feature but thats only if you want to change the owner of the subscription is it not? In this case I want to change the subscription of the domain. E.g.
Now:
Client ABC -> Subscription DEF -> Domain 1
Client ABC -> Subscription GHI -> Domain 2

Ideal:
Client ABC -> Subscription DEF -> Domain 1, Domain 2

I think I'm having the same issue you are.
I was running Plesk 9.x, and I'd like to say, without any issues.
I installed and upgraded my license keys to Plesk CP 10.x (wish I would have waited)

The option to Change Customers Retailer/Profile button gives !Error in IE. I cannot 'move' domains that are not linked to a customers, to a customer or resaler. The actual button gives me an !Error in the code.

Is this what is happening to you?

Yes I had an issue like you. I thought that I could just continue and fix it up manually as I was apprehensive to minimize downtime for my clients. In previous versions of plesk it was easy to move domains between clients so why can't we now move domains between subscriptions?

Any news on how to do that? I thought about the following: Copy the content of the domain to somewhere else, delete the domain and subscription, create the same domain again in another subscription and copy the copied content to the domain. Is there a better way?

Annoying stuff. Subscribing. I've already mastered my MySQL CLI skill fighting with "Business and customer blah blah" (billing) moving (and removing) incorrectly imported domains/subscriptions and making all of the imported subscriptions sync (done with setting primary_domain_id=xx, product_variant_id=yy in billing packages table). I guess I should move on to the PSA db now :)

I have the same problem (also).
Still no 'neet' solutions?

E.g. One customer now has 2 subscriptions, with 1 domain in each subscription. I want to move the 2 domains into 1 subscription for the customer.

Tino

Any solution to this? I have moved from Plesk 8.6 and now I have every domain on different subscription :-( How do I move them?

While this may work I must warn that its quite easy to mess things up. Our Plesk panel was broken for about a month due to an issue with the 10.3 installer from 10.2 upgrade during which period I had to do everything manually within the Plesk database. It should be possible to move a domain to another subscription by altering the "domains" table in the PSA database. Check the subscription you want to move the domain to in the "clients" table and take note of the id. Go back to the "domain" table and find the domain you want to shift. Then just change the value for the column "cl_id" for that row to the client id noted earlier. let us know how you get on and if it works.

This is not working. Because I have 5 domains on same customer and different subscription. All 5 domains have same cl_id in domains table, because they belong to same customer. But they do not appear in one subscription but in 5 subscriptions :-( I'd like to move them from separate subscription that stayed when upgrading from 8.6 so that one domain in main and the others I add in the add new domain in customer control panel.

This seems like a good question to not have an answer after years. Maybe the absence of an answer is the obvious equivalent of "No, there is no way to move websites between Subscriptions." Still, it seems like there would be a reply explaining that, or pointing readers to the resolution, or a note saying that it is on a list of future upgrades, or something?

Back