• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

My 9.0 upgrade experience

K

kaizer

I have used Plesk for over 3 years now, and I've set up a Dell 2U rack server with Suse Linux Enterprise Server. The 2 first years I used version 9, and upgrade to 10 earlier this year. As for the Plesk upgrades, I never had major problems. It seems that Plesk works fine on SLES servers (even major upgrades from version 7-8 and 8-9).

When I upgraded the server last night, I was a bit worried after reading all the problems some of you have. All I had to do, was to remove a hotfix for Plesk 8.6 - and it worked like a charm.

I just wanted to tell you all about my experience, and would like to hear your happy upgrade stories as well

Hi

Could you please tell me how I can remove a hotfix as I have the same problem.

Any help much appreciated.
Thanks
Terry

Hi Terry,
first off, I tried to remove the hotfix by writing this command: rpm -e packagename

It said that the hotfix was not installed. Then i tried to install it, it says it was already installed. So I figured out I had to use the YAST tool (for SLES10) to install/uninstall packages. It is a GUI tool to maintain packages, so I had to remove the hotfix5 (it has an independance of another package, but just remove this one as well).

Then try again. It should work

Hi Terry,
first off, I tried to remove the hotfix by writing this command: rpm -e packagename

It said that the hotfix was not installed. Then i tried to install it, it says it was already installed. So I figured out I had to use the YAST tool (for SLES10) to install/uninstall packages. It is a GUI tool to maintain packages, so I had to remove the hotfix5 (it has an independance of another package, but just remove this one as well).

Then try again. It should work

Thanks for that much appreciated, however once you removed hotfix5 did the install go smoothly thereafter?

Again, thanks
Terry

Thanks for that much appreciated, however once you removed hotfix5 did the install go smoothly thereafter?

Yes - no problem what so ever. The only thing I had to disable the SPF spam protection because none of the Microsoft Outlook users could display emails correctly.

Yes - no problem what so ever. The only thing I had to disable the SPF spam protection because none of the Microsoft Outlook users could display emails correctly.

We tried to do rpm -e psa-hotfix5-8.6.0-8.6.0-fc6.build86080930.03.x86_64

however then got:

error: Failed dependencies:
psa-hotfix5-8.6.0 = 8.6.0-fc6.build86080930.03 is need by (installed) psa-updates-8.6.0-fc6.build86080930.03.noarch

Any ideas as you may have also got this, sorry just new to linux :(

Hi, you need to remove this one as well: psa-updates-8.6.0-fc6.build86080930.03.noarch

Back