• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Important New Plesk webmail / SOGo Webmail extension

Thanks.
Fortunately, I did not use it in production, just tested it. But we all hope it will be out of beta soon, it looks nice and works fast.

An other question: is there (or will there be) a possibility to set global settings for all SoGo users (at least as a start value). I would like to adjust for my clients in Germany the language, date format, start of week (to monday not sunday), ...

@Atramasis Of course you can adjust on this settings. On your linux server you can adjust on the /etc/sogo/sogo.conf

Example:
SOGoTimeZone = "Europe/Berlin";
SOGoLanguage = German;
SOGoFirstDayOfWeek = 1;

You can follow this link and check the settings you want add on your sogo.conf file!
Installation and Configuration Guide
at the point 5.13 of the documentation. You will find everything!

Don't touch the section about SOGoUserSources = because you will broke your SOGo and this part it's the part with the problem of security discuss before! It will be fix directly by Plesk.

@Everyone I have sent all the instructions to the Plesk Team for to fix the issue with the right settings. Normally the fix I hope will come soon.

About the last message on the thread done by me....

All settings added or modify into the SOGo conf file will be only apply for new mailbox! The existing mailbox will be not impacted by this settings added or modified.

That's not good. I already have many mailboxes on a server and would like to have these settings from the beginning. Is there a way to overwrite all settings for all mailboxes? The best solution would be to ask for standard settings on installation of SOGo. Is this possible to implement?
Should we report bugs and write suggestions here in the forum or is it better to write an email (like stated in the description of the extension)?

You can use the command:

sogo-tool user-preferences and set your value.

Work only per user this command.

Mean you need extract all your email on the server, create a excel list of command 1 line per user mailbox, copy all the line and past for launching in one time all the line for the change you want to do!

Hello Thank you for this release !
Tested and approved by me!
My contribution have help the dev with my tuto and link gived?

It definitely saved us from investigating and testing other possible but more complicated changes! :)

Good for you! I'm glad to hear that I was able to help you!

I'm not a code expert, but I've got a lot of experience using SOGo!

1 year of free license for my contribution? lol :cool:
Hi @maxihoster, nice idea, but Plesk does not offer bounties. However, we'd love to see you on the forum more frequently, so maybe, if posting great solutions and exhibiting expertise here, a Plesk Guru might later down the road invite you to that special club of the few selected individuals with proven expert knowledge. That again has its benefits including what you are asking for (still no bounties, though). But it does require regular high-quality contribution. Wanna give it a try? Gurus will recognize you if you show up with great expertise here.

About the problem with long password more than 15 symbols. Why you not change the encryption with ssha512? It’s more secure and there is no bug with sogo about this encryption. Find in attach my config file for my sogo dedicated server and a comparison about the 2 encryptions type. You will see ssha512 is very more secure!

Attachments

• 6C92ACE8-00B4-475F-BBFC-72BABABABB04.png
    6C92ACE8-00B4-475F-BBFC-72BABABABB04.png
    268.1 KB · Views: 23
  • A8A2FB3C-8721-493F-B116-9B429B7A57D3.png
    A8A2FB3C-8721-493F-B116-9B429B7A57D3.png
    393.4 KB · Views: 23
Thank you, maxihoster. We need to do additional research on that topic first, I will create an internal task for that in our internal TODO list.

P.S. I hope the password on the screenshot is not the real password on production? I see 127.0.0.1 but anyway.

Back