• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 11.5 Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Sergey, Update to testing Stage went fine.
Also was able to get the first updates, but since the last two updates i can no longer update my testing Installation,
as of:

Installation will not continue because your operating system
"'SuSE' 'Linux' '12.2' 'x86_64'" is not supported.

Something must have changed again.

Would like to see a fix,
Dennis

Hi Dennisen,

Please try again. OpenSuSE 12.2 is supported, but accidentally wasn't enabled for download.

Would like to see a fix,
Dennis

As a SLES-11 administrator, I'd also like to see this fixed (if it hasn't already been fixed).

Hey Sergey, Update to testing Stage went fine.
Also was able to get the first updates, but since the last two updates i can no longer update my testing Installation,
as of:

Would like to see a fix,
Dennis

Dennisen, I checked clean installation of Plesk 11.5.20 and upgrade from previous preview (Plesk 11.5.19) - it works without any problems on Suse 12.2 x86_64.

Could you provide next information:
1. How did you run installation/upgrade?
2. Could you send me /tmp/autoinstaller3.log (as private message)?
3. output for command # ping autoinstall.plesk.com

As a SLES-11 administrator, I'd also like to see this fixed (if it hasn't already been fixed).

Eric, unfortunately Plesk 11.5.x doesn't support SLES-11.

List of Supported OSs (from release notes):
Debian GNU/Linux 6 (32-bit and 64-bit)
Ubuntu 10.04 (32-bit and 64-bit)
Ubuntu 12.04 (32-bit and 64-bit)
CentOS 5.0 – 5.9 (32-bit and 64-bit)
CentOS 6.0 – 6.3 (32-bit and 64-bit)
RedHat Enterprise Linux 5.0 – 5.9 (32-bit and 64-bit)
RedHat Enterprise Linux 6.0 – 6.3 (32-bit and 64-bit)
openSUSE 12.2 (32-bit and 64-bit)
CloudLinux 5.0 - 5.9 (32-bit and 64-bit)
CloudLinux 6.0 – 6.3 (32-bit and 64-bit)

Last edited:
Hello Kirill,
the Problem fixed itself today. It was able to update ...
Curios. Unfortunatley i have no logs saved, but i used both the panel-method and running the autoinstaller.
Anyway i think there was a problem at upgrade to the preview, so i try a fully new install today.

Well, openSuSE 12.3 has just been released, is supporting it planned? If yes, i would wait just a bit more with resetting my server,
in order to not need to do it twice. Support for openSuSE 12.3 on full Release of 11.5 would be great, as i could upgrade all my machines then.

suse 12.2 parallels_installer_v3.12.1: pp11.5

lets go:
/etc/init.d # ./courier-imap status
redirecting to systemctl
courier-imap is stopped

start normal:
/etc/init.d # /etc/init.d/courier-imap start
redirecting to systemctl

only one pid is up:
redirecting to systemctl
couriertcpd (pid 17566) is running...

to get all 4 up:
/etc/init.d # ./courier-imap start
redirecting to systemctl
Starting Courier-IMAP server:
Starting imapd done
Starting imap-ssl done
Starting pop3 done
Starting pop3-ssl done

redirecting to systemctl
couriertcpd (pid 17646 17636 17627 17566) is running...

Dennisen hast du einen workaround

Well, what exactly is the problem there? That you need to run the Script manually twice in order to have all Services up?
I had a Workaround for the Problem when POP3D didn't start at all using the Script.

It seems like there are several misbehaviours in different SuSE Installations, that not everyone has and some of them tend to solve themselves after a few tries to update.
In the next days i'll try a fresh installation on a second Virtual Machine and see if it works smooth then, as i think my upgraded version had some failures.

Anyway, it would be great, if the final Release of Plesk 11.5 - as it seems not to be coming in the nearest time, had also support of the newest openSuSE 12.3. It's been a long time
since Plesk actually supported the latest Version of openSuSE in a stable Plesk. It might not be the most used distribution for professionals, but it definatley is used, as you can see.

Last edited:
Yes, we have made previews available very early, the development process hasn't ever been so much open before. And we are thankful for everyone who submitted early feedback.

It is about 2 months to public availability (for "Early Adopter" phase)

Plesk 11.5.22 is available!

[+] Support for the RoundCube webmail. RoundCube is now the default webmail software for customers.
[+] Predefined list of apps for service plan add-ons. Administrators and resellers can specify the list of apps provided by a service plan add-on. In earlier Panel versions, this was possible only for service plans.
[+] Filter apps by license type. Customers can filter the list of available apps in their Control Panel by the app license type: free or commercial.
[+] Choosing the app version during app installation. Customers can choose the version of an app they are going to install in case more than one app version is available in the Application Catalog.
[+] Optional DNS server installation. Administrators can choose not to install the DNS server during Panel installation. In this case, the BIND DNS server will not be installed and Panel GUI will not contain any tools for DNS management.
[+] Optional mail server installation. Administrators can choose not to install the mail server during Panel installation. In this case, only SMTP client will be installed on the server. Thus, Panel and user scripts will still be able to send mail but other mail functionality will be unavailable.

See details here:
http://download1.parallels.com/Ples...l-11.5-linux-updates-release-notes.html#11522
http://download1.parallels.com/Ples...11.5-windows-updates-release-notes.html#11522

Hi, the license key problem can be easily worked around with "Tools & Settings" > "License Management" > "Retrieve keys". It will update the "expired" key with valid one. We will fix it very soon, so that key will be updated automatically.

Hello,
I decided to take a sneak peek of the new plesk 11.5 features so i installed it on a Virtual Machine (fresh installation).
I've tried to install the trial key provided by the installation page but suprise suprise:
Code:
Error: The license key is invalid. In order to use Panel, please obtain and install a new valid license key.
Your license key has expired. To continue using your Panel, you must purchase a non-expiring commercial license key.

So i tried the Retrieve Keys you suggested but with no luck.
Code:
Key Update Status
License key is not prolongated yet

What now? :)

Try these activation codes (same screen as where you uploaded license key - just different field)
Linux: A00S00-XQTA02-K3A114-QDY606-WQWQ99
Windows: A00D00-JXRV02-ADYT14-ZVGD07-97FD33

Let me know if it helps.

Regards

Hi, updated versions of Presence Builder and CBM will be shipped together with Plesk 11.5 (same day).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back