• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 11.5 Preview

Sergey L

CTO Plesk
Staff member
Hello,

We are launching a Plesk 11.5 (formerly 11.1) preview series. While it is in very early stages of development, one or two updates will be available each month. This is the chance for everyone to see upcoming features prior to release and influence the shape and quality of future product with your feedback.

As usual - running preview version for production purposes is not recommended.

On Plesk 11.5 preview (http://www.parallels.com/download/plesk/11.5) page you will get
- Changelog
- Trial key
- Download link
- Feedback form

Looking forward for your feedback

Last edited:
The preview has been updated to 11.1.15 version. All installations of the 11.1 preview will automatically upgrade to this new version within a week or so.

Upgraded preview to 11.1.16 (see Changelog). Some changes are small so far - i.e. restrict Customers from changing main FTP/Shell account name. Some others are bigger - i.e. file structure for customers is changing to become more clear and convenient.

An important update - everyone reported 5 good bugs for 11.1 version will get a free 6-month PCS license as a "Thank you" from engineering team. "Good" bug is the one described clearly and with all necessary details and reproducible on our side. Bugs can be filed through our feedback form.

The product version has been changed to 11.5 and we keep shipping previews almost each 2 weeks. Note, that if already installed Plesk 11.1 (or 11.5) preview - you can upgrade to next preview build.

Now it is 11.5.20 and the changes include
- MS Windows 2012 and IIS 8
- Server name indication (SNI) on MS Windows 2012
- per-site IIS configuration
- simpler vhost structure (less folders)
- Tomcat 7
- ColdFusion 10

and much more

Hope for your feedback

Does anyone know the release date of 11.5.x?
I thought it was supposed to be first week of this month. I'm and our customers are very excited with the new release and it's functions.
They've been asking for years for a way to be able to upload .swf files, and not just limited to .jpg or .gif. The old Sitebuilder allowed .swf but only some pre-canned .swf logos. The new features will really be nice.

Hi, the release must be in 3 weeks from now. Good to hear you like the new features.
Did you try Plesk 11.5 preview?

Trying Plesk 11.5...

Hi, the release must be in 3 weeks from now. Good to hear you like the new features.
Did you try Plesk 11.5 preview?

Sergey, no, not yet. I've been waiting until the releases and bug reports slowed down. It seems as if 11.5.24 has been online, the last
update, for quite sometime now so I think it's time I fire up a server and start playing with 11.5.x

I've been reading the release notes almost daily. One of the functions I was hoping would be added, notably to the WPB would be the
ability to upload 'mass' files, instead of one by one, or the ability to specify a directory directly within the consumers/customers \\httpdocs\
permission access and specify an entire directory which would contain media files. The media files uploaded by the consumer/customer
I was hoping could be any media file static image or movie type file.

Another thing I was hoping that would be added to WPB would be more of the functions contained in the legacy Sitebuilder, such as 'Forum' and 'Blog'.
and especially the ability to take advantage of a 'user signin' page, which would allow the site owner/customer to specifiy which pages are allowed, or which
modules are allowed, depending on the users signin permissions, contained in a user database which again I was hoping the API could be released so one
could write their own code to access the user database.

Hopefully Parallels R&D will realize that a user database is needed and cross-access from module/page to database is needed.

Thank you again for the release window.

David.

Hi David, thanks for the feedback. I will pass your WPB wishes to the team.
Looking forward for your Plesk 11.5 feedback.

Hi Dave,

Ability to mass upload files -- it is possible to upload multiple files at once in Document Manager, Image Slider and Image Gallery. Is there a particular place where mass upload is missing?

Blog -- PPB has Blog since version 10.4.

Forum -- this is a pretty complex functionality and we'd rather integrate a good blog than create a mediocre one by ourselves. We're working in this direction, but it's not our top priority.

Signup with access restrictions -- this functionality is pretty advanced and is rarely asked for, so it's not our immediate priority. Can you provide specific scenarios that require this functionality?

Please let me know if you have other fresh requests. Thanks.

Plesk WPB Feature Request...

Sergey,

As to feature requests I think the most important thing right now is to have some sort of integrated user database module
which would include a page for users to register online, based upon forms that are 'buildable', admin interface to manage the user accounts, password retrieval page,
2 types of security, AccessCode and SecurityLevel(A0 to Z255), AccessCodes A to Z, and SecurityLevels 0 to 255. I know this might not make sense now but it will in the future.
This would allow for turning pages on and off, and the # would allow certain functions within the page to be accessible based upon the security level, the #.
The fields, AccessCode and SecurityLevel would need to be added to the module page creation page to allow for access.
A page containing the security code entry by default would limit anything in lower hierarchy of the tree of the sites.

Thanks,
Dave.

Hi Dave,
Ability to mass upload files -- it is possible to upload multiple files at once in Document Manager, Image Slider and Image Gallery. Is there a particular place where mass upload is missing?
Blog -- PPB has Blog since version 10.4.
Forum -- this is a pretty complex functionality and we'd rather integrate a good blog than create a mediocre one by ourselves. We're working in this direction, but it's not our top priority.
Signup with access restrictions -- this functionality is pretty advanced and is rarely asked for, so it's not our immediate priority. Can you provide specific scenarios that require this functionality?

Please let me know if you have other fresh requests. Thanks.

Release date for 11.5 delayed...

We are delaying it a little and would expect release in mid-Jun.

Sergey,
While I'm a little disappointed with the delay to release I can only assume its for our best interest and it's to make sure there's
less bugs, and possibly improve it.

I'm still, and I believe many others are, wanting a 'Online User Database Module' for a 'Login Page', 'Password Retrieve Page(Forgot my password)', 'Username Retrieve Page(Forgot my username)', an Admin page that allows Admins (based upon security level or user Admins in Plesk) to set a 2 byte security level. One that allows for A to Z, and 0 to 255
(ex. A255). Whereas A security levels would allow for page access, and 0-255 would allow for element access (a variable added to WPB) to allow sitebuilders to put a UserSecurity(level) before a subroutine in HTML or XHTML that would either execuit the lower instructions or ignore the instruction.
... or some sort of scheme. It doesn't have to be exactly like this but this would allow for almost any condition a sitebuilder would need to allow or limit access to pages.

Thanks Sergey for the update.

Dave.

Plesk WPB Features... Security Module

Hi Dave, I think you are talking about Presence Builder, right?

Yes, WPB features.
In the legacy SB 4.5.x there was a registration page module. Note much was written on it and I don't believe any APIs were available to use the data collected.
It was a good idea that seemed to make it 'nowhere'.

It is tremendously important to have some sort of 'login' feature available to allow/deny/control pages displayed, or even certain code. Reason why it would be nice
to have the user login variable with a user security variable accessible within a page's code.

A good example would be simply 'member' only sites. Sites restricted to only users that have the permissions to access
such as 'Accept the terms'.

Thanks!
David.

Plesk Reseller / Customer Menu Feature... Parking

Sergey,
For years I've been manually helping customers 'park' their sites on our servers.
I've been manually sending our customers 'simple code' which they simply fill in their account information, account numbers, etc., then they simply paste the code
on a home page to 'park' their site on our servers.

A 'Park' feature would be fantastic.
Possibly a 'Park' module which contains the particular code for Ad***** or the many other companies which pay for page hits and clicks.

The 'Park' feature itself would be something that would make Plesk stand out. People, companies, etc
probably would buy Plesk just for the Park feature.

We all have to find innovative ways to make money. Making it easier for the customer to make money makes it easier for
us, the host, to make money.

David.

Confused

We are delaying it a little and would expect release in mid-Jun.

Is this a production release yet because I see it now on plesk updater feature through the plesk control panel as the parallels updater feature was updated that shows 11.5.29 latest version available?

Last edited:
Is this a production release yet because I see it now on plesk updater feature through the plesk control panel as the parallels updater feature was updated that shows 11.5.29 latest version available?

I also saw it in the updater, but now it doesn't seem to be there. Any update on this?

It is Preview version and you can see this because “Early Adopter” chosen in Update and Upgrade Settings.

It is Preview version and you can see this because “Early Adopter” chosen in Update and Upgrade Settings.

Probably after I reported this stating myself confused as it was already set at "(Recommended) General release" and I just double check today it does not show 11.5.29 anymore but it still shows Upgrade to the version 11.5.29 is available.
Install Now | See What's New at the home of the control panel even you say that it is a preview version. Why it shows that while it is not a general (production) release? By the way I today upgraded to Windows 2012 on the production server.

Last edited:
Back