• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 12 - Add or Remove Components not loading.

HawaiiWolf

New Pleskian
I'm having the following issue:

Whenever I click on the Plesk panel link "Add or Remove Components" he will open a new browser window and runs into a timeout.

Browser: "Error code: ERR_TIMED_OUT"

I can't see any error messages in the panel.log and everything else from the panel is working fine.

System is running CentOS 5.11 with Plesk 12.0.18 Update #35

Any ideas?

Thank you for you reply,

but both topics didn't fix my issue.

Also I'm not getting the same error messages / outputs as mentioned on the link from Philip Hornibrook.

The system is redirecting me from:

https://servername:8443/admin/update/add-components/

to:

https://servername:8447/add_components.html?secret=....&locale=en-US

Output of:

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --service-mode=update --enable-xml-output
Doing restart of Parallels Installer...
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?><autoinstaller status="ok" error_message="Der Daemon des Parallels Installationsprogramms wurde gestartet. (translated: the Daemon of the Parallels installation program has been started"><data secret="..." /></autoinstaller>

Ports 8443 / 8447 are accepting connections.

Hi HawaiiWolf,

you could experience such issues, while using slow nameservers. To solve issues with slow nameservers, it might help to edit the file "resolv.conf" ( located at "/etc/resolv.conf" ) and configure some stable, reliable nameservers.

Example:
Code:
nameserver 8.8.8.8
nameserver 8.8.4.4

It could help as well, to restart your Plesk Control Panel with the command "service psa restart", if you experience such issues.

In some cases, your previous updates/upgrades didn't finish correctly, so it could be as well a good idea to delete the possible temporary lock, which still might be existent on your system, with the command:
rm /tmp/psa-installer.lock

If all these suggestions didn't help, you are as well able to use the command line for updates/upgrades/patches:

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --install-component base

For more possible commands for the autoinstaller, please use the help with:

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --help

Back