• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 7.5.4 for Windows

ok, Here we go again...

During the installation I got the following error

plesk754_install_error.jpg

After the installation I noticed that MSSQL is not connecting.

plesk754_mssql.jpg

If I click "Ok" the following error comes up

"Unable to update database parameters: Try to establish connection failed: Run-Time error: Login: failed for user 'sa'..

Event Viewer
Event Type: Error
Event Source: mssqlmng.exe
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1
Date: 7/13/2005
Time: 9:17:59 AM
User: N/A
Computer: COMPUTER-NAME
Description:
Run-Time error: Login failed for user 'sa'.
at (VADOConnection::eek:pen line 71)
at execute console command --check(vconsoleapp::start line 128)
at execute "C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin\mssqlmng.exe" --check "--server=localhost" "--login=sa" "--password=-8@=)"(vconsoleapp::run line 138)
Execute file name: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin\mssqlmng.exe

I also got a "Scheduler notification" e-mail after the scheduled backup ran with an attachment "Utility's Output.txt"

C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\MySQL\bin\mysqldump: Got error: 1049: Unknown database 'mysqle9fb8b4a33eb73667a7bfa0a5cb' when selecting the database
C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\MySQL\bin\mysqldump: Got error: 1049: Unknown database 'mysqltk20050323' when selecting the database
C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\MySQL\bin\mysqldump: Got error: 1049: Unknown database 'mysql5218593ad0ac1d2fa5e3ff5cdbe' when selecting the database
Backup complete successfully.
Backup file C:\Plesk Backups\COMPUTER-NAME.psa created.
The log files are stored in the directory C:\DOCUME~1\PLESKA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\PSABackupLogs\20050713.04

Is there a way to reset the 'sa' password ? I have not clue what it is.

If I were you I would tried to set up it only on test servers until it will be officially released on the sw-soft website.

Did you install the patch? The release notes say to install from the entire 7.5.4 distribution.

3.1. Before Upgrade
-------------------

We strongly recommend the following measures for decreasing the IIS load and
eliminating the possibility of file locking during the backup/restore procedures:

* Do not login to the Plesk Control Panel and do not make any actions in it.

* By means of firewall, prevent the possibility of external access to the
Plesk Control Panel, server's files, sites, and their mailboxes.

* Stop and disable Indexing Service if you use it.

* Stop and disable Windows Media Services if you use it.

3.2. Upgrade Steps
------------------

1. Log in as "Administrator" or another user with Administrator's privileges.

2. Change your working directory to the directory where the Plesk 7.5 for Windows
distribution resides.

3. Run the installer.

4. Follow the on-screen instructions.

5. When the backup and uninstallation phases are finished, reboot confirmation will be requested.

6. After reboot Plesk will have started for installation and restore phases automatically.

3.3. Completing Upgrade
-----------------------

There are no additional actions, Plesk is ready to use.

Guys,

please don't rush to upgrade to 7.5.4 yet, we are verifying the reports about upgrade problems, which were not found during testing.

If you got such problems, please contact support, free of charge.

I was able to upgrade to 7.5.4 with no issues.

I have however found a bug with registering that server in plesk expand. I've opened a support ticket.

Originally posted by jaytee
Guys,

please don't rush to upgrade to 7.5.4 yet, we are verifying the reports about upgrade problems, which were not found during testing.

If you got such problems, please contact support, free of charge.

Respooled 7.5.4 build is available on the site now, we have fixed all minor issues reported.

Thanks for patience and understanding.

So is 7.5.4 safe to use now? Is anyone still experiencing problems?

I upgraded last night. AWStats still isn't fixed for me. When the upgrade was done I logged into the cp to find out that it didn't know that the dns server was installed.

I had to look in my history to bypass that page and disable and enable the dns in the server --> dns area of the server settings.

Hope this helps if anyone runs into the same issues.

The safest thing to do is to close all services and applications running on server that are connected to Plesk. This means you have do stop all Plesk services (double click Plesk tray icon and go to Control panel).
After all was closed, I applied the patch (7.5.3 -> 7.5.4) which took more than an hour to install (it's smart thing I did all that late at night).
So far, everything runs smooth.

Back