• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 9.0.1 Backup FTP Repository

M

Mike Aushana

I'm trying to backup my server and have the backup files uploaded to my FTP Repository. The backup is failing and I can't figure out why? The server that I'm trying to FTP to is another machine in my network. I've tested the connection from my web server to my FTP backup server through Windows Explorer and all works. I'm using Windows 2008 Web Server x64 with Plesk 9.0.1. Does anyone know where I can look to see why the backup is failing? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Michael Aushana

It was late and I wasn't thinking when I posted this. I see a lot of people are having this issue and I can't beleive no one from Parallels is responding?

It's 2010, and I'm having the SAME issue. Even using the command line to run a plesk backup to my FTP repository is failing. Verbose mode (-vvvvv) shows nothing of real importance as it simply tries to repeat the same loop.

Has anyone been able to get the Plesk backup system (I am currenly on 9.5) to work with an FTP repository?

abdi, thanks for the post. I hear to upgrade to 11 on Windows you have to do a complete revamp and install of everything. Unless I'm mistaken?

Mike, that is not true! You can upgrade from 10 to 11 on windows without a re installation of everything. You run the upgrades from the control panel it self.

I'm running on 9.0.1 and when I run the upgrade software it tells me there are no upgrades and I'm running the most current version? Also, if I upgrade from 9 to 10 or 11 does it require a revamp of everything or is this not true still?

Latest release of Plesk is version 11 so definitely your Plesk 9.0.1 is not updated.
When you try to install update, can you please check if there is nothing on your server like firewall or anti virus which may block connection of Plesk server ?

Regards,

Last edited by a moderator:
Back