• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Input Plesk can now be installed on Ubuntu 20 servers running on ARM-based platforms

Anthony

Administrator
Staff member
With the release of Plesk Obsidian 18.0.41 we are excited to announce ARM Architecture support, available for Ubuntu 20 as a Beta version only.

We would like to hear your opinion about this configuration and have plans to add the full support in the next versions.

You can read more about ARM architecture in this article.

Please share your thoughts in this thread:
- Will you host your websites on servers with ARM CPU?
- What practical benefit would you expect from ARM support in Plesk?

Also, we will be glad to see in this thread any found issues about using Plesk on this configuration.

Thanks for this!

I have installed plesk successfully on a raspberry pi 3 and I am now testing.

Already have a wordpress site up and running.

Is it kolab premium email supported? Tried to install but didn't go though, I can post the errors later.

Thanks

Is it kolab premium email supported? Tried to install but didn't go though, I can post the errors later.
hello,

unfortunately we didn't have time to check collab integration within this technical preview, so any reports that something does not work appreciated =)

In general, everything that requires ARM64 compilled backend - has not been built especially (like kaspersky, dr web, SSH terminal, etc).
So components that can be installed from native Ubuntu ARM64 repos most probably will work, otherwise - nope.

Thank you for this wonderfull feature.
I tried to install it in My Oracle ARM Ampere on Ubuntu 20 LTS but got an error of packages not being found (see screenshot).
I am waiting for full support because this is a game-changer in the hosting business.

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2022-02-08 142449.png
    Capture d’écran 2022-02-08 142449.png
    60.2 KB · Views: 34
Thank you for this wonderfull feature.
I tried to install it in My Oracle ARM Ampere on Ubuntu 20 LTS but got an error of packages not being found (see screenshot).
I am waiting for full support because this is a game-changer in the hosting business.
Hello,

The problem should be resolved from now. Could you please check ?

Thanks,

Hello,

The problem should be resolved from now. Could you please check ?

Thanks,

Hello and thanks for your efforts
The installation advanced a few steps and then got stopped by another error (about Ruby i guess) . Please see the attched screenshot
Thanks again

Regardsplesk errror2.png

It is working now after resetting the server and restarting a clean installation. thank you
Hi,
Are you able to send email from this server?
I tried it on My Oracle ARM Ampere on Ubuntu 20 LTS and getting issue email are rejected by recipient mail server due to my server send local IP in header.
Server is sending email header with Oracle Cloud IPv4 CIDR Block: 10.0.0.0/24.

I have sent an email from my Raspberry Pi (via webmail web interface) from Plesk to Gmail; it works.
(...but it is not "Oracle ARM Ampere")

Code:
Delivered-To: [email protected]
Received: by 2002:a05:7010:934a:b0:202:59e1:3d88 with SMTP id s10csp2015531mdk;
        Wed, 9 Feb 2022 20:31:34 -0800 (PST)
X-Google-Smtp-Source: ABdhPJxTCKxmxBKfql8HgV9SZzr1viJkGnRyQowIc4apz3zOqIAqedlPRn9ezq3neWmCvG2rYui0
X-Received: by 2002:a05:651c:98a:: with SMTP id b10mr3637073ljq.224.1644467494613;
        Wed, 09 Feb 2022 20:31:34 -0800 (PST)
[...]
ARC-Authentication-Results: i=1; mx.google.com;
       spf=neutral (google.com: 192.0.2.1 is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of [email protected]) [email protected]
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from home.example.org (192-0-2-1.myprovider.ru. [192.0.2.1])
        by mx.google.com with ESMTPS id j6si16910736lfe.590.2022.02.09.20.31.34
        for <[email protected]>
        (version=TLS1_3 cipher=TLS_AES_256_GCM_SHA384 bits=256/256);
        Wed, 09 Feb 2022 20:31:34 -0800 (PST)
Received-SPF: neutral (google.com: 192.0.2.1 is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of [email protected]) client-ip=192.0.2.1;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com;
       spf=neutral (google.com: 192.0.2.1 is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of [email protected]) [email protected]
Received: from webmail.romantic-fermi.192-0-2-1.plesk.page (localhost.localdomain [IPv6:::1]) by home.example.org (Postfix) with ESMTPSA id 730C0140DC0 for <[email protected]>; Thu, 10 Feb 2022 04:31:32 +0000 (UTC)
Authentication-Results: home;
        spf=pass (sender IP is ::1) [email protected] smtp.helo=webmail.romantic-fermi.192-0-2-1.plesk.page
Received-SPF: pass (home: connection is authenticated)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 11:31:32 +0700
To: [email protected]
Subject: test
User-Agent: Roundcube Webmail/1.4.13
Message-ID: <26146a4b7ed2b74d5812ebb48c3192cf@romantic-fermi.192-0-2-1.plesk.page>
X-Sender: [email protected]
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

test

Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.41 installed on Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS and the VM is Oracle ARM Ampere instance.
I can receive email from any outside domain but send email only to myself, not to any domain even not to other email account in my same domain.
For more details on my issue

Hi
Im testing Plesk on an ARM Ampere server from Oracle
I noticed a performance problem and I don't know how to solve it
I installed a clean install of plesk on 2 servers.
1. ARM Ampere A1 Ubuntu Oracle, 4 cpu and 24gb ram
2. AMD epyc 7472 1 cpu and 1 gb ram

1. no changes to plesk, ngnix and apache only configuration with ngnix proxy reserve enabled - above 1000 requests per second and latency increases and server gets choked
2. no changes to plesk, ngnix and apache only configuration with ngnix proxy reserve enabled - can accept about 3000 requests per second without delay, latency 20ms

Logically, an ARM server should be able to handle even more requests per second but it's not.
I tried to optimize ngnix on ARM by setting more workers, use epoll and etc but it has no effect

Does anyone know what the problem is? I would appreciate your advice
tests are performed using the loader.io tool with the same settings on every server

Hello,
Plesk on ARM64 is currently not compatible with the NodeJS extension.

Code:
Product version: Plesk Obsidian 18.0.42.0
     OS version: Ubuntu 20.04 aarch64
     Build date: 2022/02/25 16:00
       Revision: ce3aa0d524e496e8e00dbad45b97baa26429dbe3

After contacting the support, the problem has been identified as follow:
Plesk try to download the NodeJS executable using the architecture name: aarch64
Rich (BB code):
ERR [extension/nodejs] Could not download file node-v17.6.0-linux-aarch64.tar.gz: Client error: `GET https://nodejs.org/dist/v17.6.0/node-v17.6.0-linux-aarch64.tar.gz` resulted in a `404 Not Found` response
This result in a 404 error since aarch64 is listed as ARM64 on NodeJS repository:
Rich (BB code):
https://nodejs.org/dist/v17.6.0/node-v17.6.0-linux-arm64.tar.gz

The support provided the following potential workaround for the time being which is NOT TESTED and at your OWN RISK:
It consist basically on emulate the repository and provide an "aarch64" file:
  • 1. A temporarily site can be created on the server named "nodejs.org" with the directory structure to mimic the nodejs repository: /dist/<version> (e.g. "v12.22.10").
  • 2. Download the corresponding ARM file from the repository and place it inside the folder that matches the version.
  • 3. Rename both, the .gz and .tar compressed files to mimic the name "aarch64" instead of "arm64".

ibEwG8T07S3KYyFQwoVblfAd1

• 4. Temporarily add the entry on the host file to make the server to check for the created nodejs.org site instead of the official repository:
    Code:
    echo "localhost nodejs.org" >> /etc/hosts
  • 5. Remove and re-add Node.js on Plesk from Tools&Settings>Update>Add/Remove Components as described here.
  • 6. Afterwards, revert the changes, specially step 4, by removing or commenting "#" the line from the hosts file.

Note that it might be needed to secure the domain as the GET function could fail if this is found unsecured, therefore the workaround will be more complex to apply, also that except for the site creation steps 1-3 will need to be repeated for each version needed.
I was told to post these informations on this forum post in order for it to be fixed, and maybe to help someone that might have the same issue. :)

One more thing, when I try to install by Plesk Web Installer in AWS ARM Ubuntu 18 the script got error said unsupported OS.
Correct, because only Ubuntu 20 is supported for the ARM version of Plesk.

That's why ARM support is still in Beta:

Plesk can now be installed on Ubuntu 20 servers running on ARM-based platforms (as a Beta version with certain limitations). You can also try a VPS with Plesk on Graviton2 processors by using this Plesk AWS AMI image in just a click.

Read more about the ARM architecture in the article. Have questions or suggestions regarding this feature? We welcome your feedback!

Could you explain this need in more detail?
I have only one 1 website and it is best for me to use this small one. I can manage AWS well so I know exactly my server in AWS perform with Plesk to host my site, I now your 1-Click is best measurement but for me just 1 web site is best for me in my current situation and low cost too. Thanks

Back