• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Issue Plesk Dashboard Page Loads Slow-ish

SyntaxEror

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Alma Linux 9
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.61 Update 3
I just got a VPS server, websites load fine, even ones with multiple SQL databases, pages that use includes to load sections dynamically. Plesk is hit or miss, most of the Plesk panel pages load in 4-8 seconds average, sometimes more.. But when I click on a domain name on the clients/domains/subscriptions pages, and it loads the dashboard for the account, the dashboard page can take anywhere from 10-20 seconds to load.

When I first setup the server, and there was no traffic, (dns wasnt pointed) and no load from websites it was already doing it.
I had to edit settings and check DNS on each domain, and it was a test of patience as each time I left the paged in the dashboard
and went back to verify changes, I had to sit and wait as the little blue bar at the top zipped across half way, and
then slowed to a crawl..

Is this normal behavior? is it the preview thumbnail or some other process in the background the Dashboard page uses
making it load slower than the rest? I just moved from a cPanel/WHM managed server.

All I found online was extensions like SEOToolkit and SiteJet Builder, causing slowness, I disabled them but saw little to no difference
afterwards.

[...] Plesk is hit or miss, most of the Plesk panel pages load in 4-8 seconds average, sometimes more.. But when I click on a domain name on the clients/domains/subscriptions pages, and it loads the dashboard for the account, the dashboard page can take anywhere from 10-20 seconds to load. [...]
That is indeed unusually long loading time. Is debug mode perhaps enabled for the server? You can check if debug is uncommented and enabled in the panel.ini file on your server.

Doesnt sound right, what are the specs of the VPS?

I find when you have a lot of domains on the server the domains page takes its time with the favicons, but other than that Ive not experienced any slowness on our Plesk servers.

I wonder what limits are imposed on the VPS

4 Core 8GB and NVME storage.

The only slowness I experience is loading the dashboard page for each domain, everything else is reasonably quick.
theres 21 domains, 3 subdomains, and 4 aliases. Changing the display to show 5 or 10 at a time improves the
domain/customer/subscription page loads, but no effect on the dashboard for each domain.. its the slowest page on the server.

I suspected it had something to do with the thumbnail generation.. or maybe the fact its rendering 3 tabs
(Dashboard DNS Hosting Mail ect)

I think the delay could be due to thumbnail generation or rendering multiple tabs. I would recommend you to improve performance and optimize your server's resources by allocating more CPU and memory. You can also try disabling unnecessary extensions and clearing cache to see if it makes a difference.

The website thumbnail is generated via an external service and does not impact loading the domain dashboard (domain card as we call it). The domain card can takes a few (2 to 3) seconds to load, but it should definitely not take as longs as 10-20 seconds. I am not sure why takes to case for you.

If you like it to be investigated by our support team don't hesitate to open a support ticket.

Back