• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk in Debian 5.0

Building Plesk 9.2.3 version for Debian 5 in progress now and will be released soon.

Hi IgorG,

Any idea of when "soon" is? We're wanting to deploy two more Plesk machines on the new Intel processors, but the Etch kernels don't have support for our NICs (and we want to stick with stock packages/kernels). We have the servers right now, sitting here idle waiting for a solution.

Thanks

surfichris,

Unfortunately I have not any ETA, but I think that it may be released in November.

Do you need beta tester ?

I'm on a 2 dedicated server and i can test it

Now debian 5.0 is supported and we are currently working on a migation to new hardware. I was wondering if there is any news about when sitebuilder will support debian 5.0 as well.

Without the support of Lenny in sitebuilder we wont be able to upgrade to lenny.

T

I notice that the autoinstaller no longer allows you to toggle between php 4 and php 5 like under the etch autoinstaller. Was this done on purpose?

Kevin

I notice that the autoinstaller no longer allows you to toggle between php 4 and php 5 like under the etch autoinstaller. Was this done on purpose?

Kevin

I think it is impossible because PHP4 is not supported by Lenny.

I've installed the Plesk 9 EZ template for Debian 5.0 on the Hardware Node (CentOS 5), but when trying to install it on a container via "Control Panels" I just get a "Internal Server Error".

So when I instead try to install via "Applications", I received the following error message:
Operation install with the Env(s) "plesktest" is finished with errors: Can not install packages: exec failed: E: Broken packages Error: /usr/bin/apt-get failed, exitcode=100 .

I installed the EZ template as usual by running "vzpkg install template plesk9-debian-5.0-x86-ez-4.0.0-35.prl.287015.noarch.rpm" and then updating the cache.

Have I missed something, or is the package actually broken? It installs fine on the Hardware Node...

Try install it to container manually with following command:

vzpkg install CT_ID plesk9

And post errors here.

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
psa: Depends: psa-php5-configurator (>= 1.5.1) but it is not going to be installed or
psa-php4-configurator (>= 1.5.1) but it is not installable
Depends: psa-mail-qc-driver but it is not going to be installed or
psa-mail-driver
E: Broken packages
Error: /usr/bin/apt-get failed, exitcode=100

Missing dependencies... I've tried to find the missing packages, but with no success. I also tried installing PSA via yum, as I've seen others do that, but it said no such package. Do I have to add a extra repository, and if so - which one?

Try to remove psa-php4-configurator package and try install it again.

~ # yum remove psa-php4-configurator
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
Setting up Remove Process
No Match for argument: psa-php4-configurator
No Packages marked for removal

It's not even installed. How do I install the PSA-package? From what repository?

Where you have tried to remove this package? Inside VPS or on node? It shoul be done inside VPS. If you have VPS and virtuozzo templates you shouldn't worry about yum, repositories, etc. For removing packages just use usual 'rpm -e' and vzpkg utility for templates.

As I said earlier, our VPS's run Debian and our Hardware Node runs CentOS. The error message seem to tell me that the Hardware Node is missing dependencies, but I haven't found any way to install/upgrade these packages.

And do you mean that we have to tell all our customers to remove this package, before they can install Plesk onto their Debian VPS? That doesn't really seem like a nice solution to it...

are you trying to upgrade an existing debian 4 customer using plesk already? If so, I would not use a vztemplate, I would add the lenny sources for plesk 9.2.3 and do a normal distupgrade. There may be some dependency issues at that point, however they should be simple to resolve.

deb http://autoinstall.plesk.com/debian/PSA_9.2.3 lenny all

are you trying to upgrade an existing debian 4 customer using plesk already? If so, I would not use a vztemplate, I would add the lenny sources for plesk 9.2.3 and do a normal distupgrade. There may be some dependency issues at that point, however they should be simple to resolve.

deb http://autoinstall.plesk.com/debian/PSA_9.2.3 lenny all

No. I'm trying to install Plesk for Debian 5.0 on the Hardware Node (CentOS 5) so our users can install it on their containers (Debian 5.0) via Power Panel.

Back