• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question Plesk Obsidian on Windows Server 2019 Essentials - is it supported?

burnley

Regular Pleskian
Hi, given the recent developments with the Juicy Potato exploit we're looking at running Obsidian on Windows 2019 Essentials. Is this a tested combination? We're not interested in anything fancy like Active Directory integration, just run it as a basic Plesk shared hosting server. Feedback appreciated.
Thanks.

I am sure it should work. Why not test it via Virtualbox and using plesk trial licence :) I think if it can support IIS then it will be fine as that is all that is used from Plesk's Side. Everything else is thirdparty for example, Mailenable, Mariadb,Bind,etc.

I don't think the Plesk trial license will allow us to run 100+ subscriptions on the same 2019 Win Essential server, will it? I'm specifically interested in the limitations on the number of local users enforced by the Windows license. I've asked a similar question here, only to get a very vague response that didn't clarify anything:
Microsoft Windows Server 2008R2, Server 2012, Server 2012R2 and Server 2016 are vulnerable to Juicy Potato exploit
My question is rather simple: can we run Plesk Obsidian on Windows 2019 Essentials for 100+ subscriptions?

Your biggest issue is going to be licensing, though if you are using it to host, that's a separate hosting license for shared hosting

Back